Thinking of buying a new SS 570

asupremeclean

I need help in deciding how to set it up and into a van. I was wondering if anyone has one on this board? Or could I see pictures of your set up. What van did you put it in? Any Mods you would recommend I make that you should have made prior to install.
I am looking for input for the ultimate install. I would like to have the water pond and the unit pointing out the side of van leaving plenty of space in the back for shelves and storage.

Looking forward to seeing pics of setups. I have had a hard time doing a search for pics on the board.

Thank you for any help.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Hi Chris,

I just posted up some pictures of a 454 install we completed recently here on the board. Not sure if you seen it, but if not feel free to visit our company facebook page - www.facebook.com/PowerCleanAustralia - (and 'like' it to see all of them in the future) and search for Grimefighters in the photo albums. I know you asked about the 570, but the 454 is the same width as the 570, so you may get some ideas. We have quite a few 454 installs on there to look at. I will post pics in about a 5 weeks or so, we are doing another 570 into a Dodge Sprinter.

Prior to install of a 570, there isn't anything that I would suggest that you do. It is more how you want it installed, thinking along the way about how you are going to service the machine after you purchase it, how the machine can be kept cool (which is easy on the Sapphire equipment, especially on the 570) and what other equipment you need to carry.

If you have a relationship wiht your local dealer, they would probably be your best resource due to knowing the type of van you want it installed too, but I would be more than happy to help you along the way or answer any questions you may have.

asupremeclean

Jim Thanks for all the great pics. You do excellent work. Was hoping to see some pics of the units installed into a Ford, GMC, or Chevy.
I was told perhaps the easiest install is on the Chevy ext van. Otherwise I would prolly be looking at extensive mods to get it to fit the way I'd like to have it. (Waterpond, hoses, and unit facing out the side( I run Butlers now so that setup is what I am used to.))
ANother question I have is I was thinking of Rhino lining the bed prior to install. What do you think of this? I just think that the carpet breeds rust and holds onto odors. Also it rips over time after sliding things in and out of the back.

So are there any people on this board who have the SS570 installed in a van? I want to know how you like it. I know its new but need any feedback possible.

Jim what kind of feedback are you hearing from your custys?

Thanks

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
The 570 has been in the market for over a year now so there are quite a number out there in the field. While you can fit the 570 and a water pond side by side so you can pull your hoses out the side door, the challenge you will have is with maintenance and service. You may find that squeezing them this tight will create interference issues. Our new Pro1200 model however was redesigned specifically to accomplish what you are trying to do.
Thanks

asupremeclean

What kind of interference issues? Are you talking mechanical issues or ergonomic issues. What would interfere?

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Mostly all maintenance related. You should really get your supplier to take you through what you would be dealing with on an install of this type. Thats their role.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
can you post pics of the water pond and reel and the 570?

You'll definitely want to leave some room around the machine for maintenance. Nothing worse than trying to squeeze in over the reel to reach something on the floor.
Make sure it has remote oil drains on anything with oil, and a remote oil filter, esp if its a tight install.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
asupremeclean said:
ANother question I have is I was thinking of Rhino lining the bed prior to install. What do you think of this? I just think that the carpet breeds rust and holds onto odors. Also it rips over time after sliding things in and out of the back.

Definitely line the floor and up the side a bit. Then I like to put down plywood and after pulling the pad off the back of the original floor liner I will reinstall it over the plywood. Makes it not quite as cold during the winter, nice flat surface to mount things on, and easy to clean out when necessary.
2004Chevvan004.jpg

TM003.jpg

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
asupremeclean said:
Another question I have is I was thinking of Rhino lining the bed prior to install. What do you think of this? I just think that the carpet breeds rust and holds onto odors. Also it rips over time after sliding things in and out of the back.

Jim what kind of feedback are you hearing from your custys?

Hey Chris,

Hope you got some ideas from looking at the pics. As Bill suggests, your local dealer should be your best resource for answering quite a few of the questions you have, as they will be able to show and explain things to you very clearly - much easier in person than via a description over the net. Our clients are very happy with the 570 (but then again, I am in sales, what do you want me to say !gotcha! ) But in all seriousness, you are more than welcome to chat with out 570 clients if you wish. However, it is probably far cheaper for you to chat with local cleaners in the USA, as they will be able to let you know about their thoughts after their purchase locally, and their is a fair chance someone has installed it into the van that you are inquiring about.

What I like about the 570 personally is the component list. 3 cylinder liquid cooled Kubota, Gardner Denver vacuum blower and Cat 5CP pump. Doesn't come much better than that. I don't know what reputation Kubota has in the USA, but here in Australia, in the small industrial engine market, it is like saying 'Rolls Royce'. I have some clients over here that have got well over 20,000 cleaning hours on their Kubota driven machines, and still running sweet.

As regards to the Rhino lining, we have done that with plenty of installs over the years. We also have done a marine grade ply and marine carpet as well. And some of our clients, have requested both, where we have had the Rhino sprayed on first, than laid a marine ply floor and carpet over it. There are pro's and con's of either carpet or rhino. We have a client we are working with right now that is wanting us to lay a marine ply floor, seal all the edges and fibreglass the entire floor and about a foot up the walls. This has been quite a popular thing over here, as it is very hardy, and can be hosed/cleaned out with ease. And you can colour code it to whatever you like.

dgargan

I would talk to owners that have the 570 and see what the track record is. SS looks like a great company and I love the design of their machines but I know of a few who have the 370 and are over the maintenance issues. They loved the machine at first but things went south over time.

disclaimer:
I'm just repeating info told to me from owners and all I am doing is suggesting you talk to owners that have had the machine over 6 months.

eziway

Name
will moase
dgargan said:
I would talk to owners that have the 570 and see what the track record is. SS looks like a great company and I love the design of their machines but I know of a few who have the 370 and are over the maintenance issues. They loved the machine at first but things went south over time.

disclaimer:
I'm just repeating info told to me from owners and all I am doing is suggesting you talk to owners that have had the machine over 6 months.
I have the 454 with 600 hrs ......works well ,water heats fast ,lots of suction. It is loud machine and vibrates but it works really well. The only maintenance issue was at 200 hrs , the float in the water box was sticking. SS sent a updated one and had no more issues since.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Ross Buettner said:
Where does one get those side panels for an Express in the above pics??
I bought the van from the original owner. He said the side panels and ceiling where part of the "Contractor's Package".

asupremeclean

Ok I decided to go ahead with the SS 570 and am in the pre-install stage. Should I have insulation put in by a pro ($1100) or should I try to do it myself. ( ceiling, sides, doors, etc.) I am also having linex sprayed on and thinking it will b ok to just install over that. Then I was thinking there will b no insulation between the floor and the unit. Any suggestions there.

I am putting the SS waterpond and reels up front then the unit next w the waste tank behind the unit. I am utilizing the shelving from my old 1999 butler. Along with the tab holders, sprayer holders, and block holders.(Also from the old butler)

Any one interested in other used parts from the '99 let me know. I have the pump, blower, heat exchanger, reels (vac and high pressure), waste tank, fresh water tank, butler stair tool, butler upholstery tool, and other misc items. All the items have alot of hrs on them but still function really well. The van puked on me and the shaft is shot.

PM me if interested in any of the above.

asupremeclean

Sorry Shane u answered the insulation question for me in your reply above but if the plywood gets wet wont it rot even if it is marine grade? Jon Don does not like to install over that vinyl liner. So i'm looking for alternatives.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom