Thinking outside the square

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Rental carpet. Pot plant damage. All wardrobes and closets etc are polished timber and no mats at all.

This carpet happens to be 5-8 years old but well maintained. I took a small sample around 3-4 retailers and found a very close match.

I bought 1' of the roll and took it back and did the repair.

DSCN3162.jpg

DSCN3163.jpg

DSCN3164.jpg

DSCN3165.jpg

DSCN3166.jpg

I have a number of common styles at my shed that I can always see if they match.

Perfect? no, but the landlord was happy and the tenant was over the moon with a $300 bill instead of a $3000 bill.

John

safeclean

Nice work there John finding a close donor piece thanks for the tip I myself carry about 30 different samples that I can use but as it always happens I have to go looking but I do charge them for that.

Don,t you just love the corner ones or anything up against a wall makes things go a lot faster when you only have to concentrate on 2 or 3 sides.

Craig

John Watson

That is what I call a Win, Win and Win situation!!!!

A corner stand or another plant will go back no doubt..

Hey wait a minute, Is it legal to grow pot plants in NZ????

In Hawaii the have the Maui owee, in Alaska they have the Matanuska Thunder F--K whats yours called??? No wonder we can't always understand what your saying... :lol: :roll: :oops:

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
The idea of this forum is what is displayed. How to fix it and how to sell it . Cheers John . Also I did a job install today. My up sell was a oriental small rug cleaning also selling proper cushion. Than I sold a pad on another oriental in her Dining room. I know she will be pleased when completed. To me this is what we all want to do . That is get our foot in the door. And for free . No advertising. :D

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
No Charles, I'm too dear on cleaning to get rental work, but they gladly pay my prices on repair work.

Also it has already been cleaned and I doubt it would come much better.

That carpet by the way is what I'd be calling a berber.

John

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Aussie trick, been around longer than crayons...

Helps tone down to match fade.

Similar idea to the problem of plaster dust on builders cleanups. You can vac all you like but can't get rid of it. Wet clean and it's gone. Temporary fix till a bit of fade narrows the difference.

I learnt about it last year but have only just started carrying it. Kicking myself for taking so long... imagine the same thing will happen when I seriously try the crayola thingy.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom