This forum is about cleaning carpet so here's a fun one

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Good news douche…

It’s not fecal blotches that the picture makes it look. It’s a combination of grease and chewbaccer. Mostly drink spills as well. I’ll have an after pic in a bit 🖕🏻

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

FredC

Village Idiot
Good news douche…

It’s not fecal blotches that the picture makes it look. It’s a combination of grease and chewbaccer. Mostly drink spills as well. I’ll have an after pic in a bit 🖕🏻

You'll never convince me there wasn't a litterbox in that room...

Mikey P

Administrator
Don't get me wrong I love the Pennington boys, and I used to do this myself, but there in South Florida this carpets going to be wet until Christmas

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/f9pVeydy5Qs?si=BJ2i2m_ykJbt6lBL

and anybody who's done this who's bothered to lift the carpet a week later and look at what's going on underneath , if they're even semi-professional won't do it a second time...

And then there's Matt, what was he do?

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
You'll never convince me there wasn't a litterbox in that room...
Now you’re calling me a liar which I don’t take lightly. There’s no evidence of a litter box in that room and the dark spot don’t smell like fecal matter

But to make your judgmental ass feel all bubbly inside🖕🏻, I offered to not charge them after I cleaned it because I told them it would come out more presentable than I expected since they’re selling the home

I cleaned a total of 9 areas of carpet and tile in this home and the seller was happy with my cleaning.

So hall-monitor Fred, did I do it better? Should I repent for my wicked evil ways of doing business?

IMG_6261.jpeg IMG_6259.jpeg IMG_6260.jpeg IMG_6262.jpeg

Reactions: Giorgio

FredC

Village Idiot
Should I repent for my wicked evil ways of doing business?

Yes

for little Timmy's sake.... you already said you would clean it if it was a litterbox...so it makes little difference that it wasn't

but hey you helped a landlord make a little more money....

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Don't get me wrong I love the Pennington boys, and I used to do this myself, but there in South Florida this carpets going to be wet until Christmas

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/f9pVeydy5Qs?si=BJ2i2m_ykJbt6lBL

and anybody who's done this who's bothered to lift the carpet a week later and look at what's going on underneath , if they're even semi-professional won't do it a second time...

And then there's Matt, what was he do?

I try not to disturb the funk in the pad by doing a strong pull back rinse with a heavy acid rinse over the dry carpet running through the wand before I treat the entire room with my HF.

I'm aware of the mess underneath and this is the best way not to get callbacks and the dry time is much faster

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I certainly hope they didn’t take you up on your offer, you rookie!!! Don’t offer anything.
They should’ve been monitoring their dwelling better.😏

• Love
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Now you’re calling me a liar which I don’t take lightly. There’s no evidence of a litter box in that room and the dark spot don’t smell like fecal matter

But to make your judgmental ass feel all bubbly inside🖕🏻, I offered to not charge them after I cleaned it because I told them it would come out more presentable than I expected since they’re selling the home

I cleaned a total of 9 areas of carpet and tile in this home and the seller was happy with my cleaning.

So hall-monitor Fred, did I do it better? Should I repent for my wicked evil ways of doing business?

View attachment 127352 View attachment 127353 View attachment 127354 View attachment 127355

Looks good.

Nice work man!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Matt would you walk barefoot or lay naked in the finished carpet?

I was trying to remember the last time I used the seemingly appearing brand new water claw that's been in my truck since moving here and maybe it's been once

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.

Matt would you walk barefoot or lay naked in the finished carpet?

I was trying to remember the last time I used the seemingly appearing brand new water claw that's been in my truck since moving here and maybe it's been once
Yes I would after I cleaned it the way I did today. And I tell the customers all the time that sometimes I can’t make it look new but I can make it “barefoot status”

MarkieMark

Name
Mark Franco
Had almost an exact one like that today. Between 2 of us we got it knocked out quick with some red 1, vacuum, crb, and temp at 230.

In general though I have learned and emphasized with my employees...."Do the best you can" is a large red flag and more often then not needs to be declined as it is often followed by "just go over it again" or "what about this spot".

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
It's not my job to tell the customer what I "think" they should do with the carpet. These stubborn people would just call somebody else if I tell them it's not cleanable. If the carpet is covered in urine over a dramatic percentage of the room, then yes, I would refuse it. But it's not. You know as good as I do, that I'm not just going to spray whatever is in my HF and do a quick HWE and leave. I don't need a lesson on ethics so I'm not ashamed of making the carpet cleaner than it was

Like our leaders of carpet cleaning says:
Restorative cleaning required the much more aggressive cleaning of a restorative approach that removes far more soil but requires far more time and productivity to accomplish. most restorative methods involve use of water so they require more time for the caret to dry and the use of air movers can reduce drying time. Restorative cleaning removes more deep-seated soil from the baking of the carpet than any other carpet cleaning method.
While we may know the context of this situation it doesn't matter all that much in my view. It could have very well been someone who intentionally trashed a carpeted room as abstract artwork and then asked you to make them a clean canvas. We are carpet cleaners, and we occasionally get requests to clean very challenging/trashed carpets. The question for me is do I need to clean it, do I want to clean it, will I get syphilophagus while cleaning it, and could I clean it well enough for my own standards as a cleaner and theirs as the owner. The rest is their business, as my decision to clean it or not is my business.

Man that carpet is f'd. Away from the customer I would probably crack up laughing about it off and on at random moments for the next week. Interesting place to test the limits of one's ability to clean too. Although in my limited experience in ridiculous messes, it can be hard to tell what I can effectively clean sometimes until I go at it.

MarkieMark

Name
Mark Franco
While we may know the context of this situation it doesn't matter all that much in my view. It could have very well been someone who intentionally trashed a carpeted room as abstract artwork and then asked you to make them a clean canvas. We are carpet cleaners, and we occasionally get requests to clean very challenging/trashed carpets. The question for me is do I need to clean it, do I want to clean it, will I get syphilophagus while cleaning it, and could I clean it well enough for my own standards as a cleaner and theirs as the owner. The rest is their business, as my decision to clean it or not is my business.

Man that carpet is f'd. Away from the customer I would probably crack up laughing about it off and on at random moments for the next week. Interesting place to test the limits of one's ability to clean too. Although in my limited experience in ridiculous messes, it can be hard to tell what I can effectively clean sometimes until I go at it.
As long as you set expectations before hand you...clean and get paid unless it is beyond improvable. More times these floors are renters trying to get their deposit back. Poor guy with the carpets today...we made the picasso artwork floor clean right up so he could get his deposit back......should have seen the walls. Good luck getting that deposit back :biggrin:

Reactions: Bryce C

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
I'll have it on my site as soon as I have the new Glides for it.

29" Westpak S bend.

Flat Face Glide
Rejetted
Extender Benders
InLine strainer
Assist grip choice

$435 delivered.
Nice. Let me know when they are ready, I'll order one. Slowly I'm addressing the most ridiculous part of my operations one thing at a time. I want to relegate my hand tool that I've been cleaning stairs with to spotting asap 🙃

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Yes I would after I cleaned it the way I did today. And I tell the customers all the time that sometimes I can’t make it look new but I can make it “barefoot status”
Holy Cow, we’re in the carpet cleaning business, not conscience cleaning business. Just Do It, if the customer wants it. It’s gonna be a s hole in 6 months after replacement🤷🏼‍♂️

• Love

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Holy Cow, we’re in the carpet cleaning business, not conscience cleaning business. Just Do It, if the customer wants it. It’s gonna be a s hole in 6 months after replacement🤷🏼‍♂️
I agree.

If the proper methods and chemistry is used to kill as much funk as possible with the process to get the carpet dryer faster to prevent any more bacterial growth, there’s nothing wrong with making the decision to clean it at the customer’s request

I’ve cleaned so much worse carpet that should’ve been thrown out over the last 21years I’ve been doing this and I’ve had ZERO calls on “my Timmy got sick a week after you cleaned” from any of my customers.

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
I agree.

If the proper methods and chemistry is used to kill as much funk as possible with the process to get the carpet dryer faster to prevent any more bacterial growth, there’s nothing wrong with making the decision to clean it at the customer’s request

I’ve cleaned so much worse carpet that should’ve been thrown out over the last 21years I’ve been doing this and I’ve had ZERO calls on “my Timmy got sick a week after you cleaned” from any of my customers.
I think cleaning a rat nasty carpet as effectively as can be done is better and healthier than cleaning a relatively clean carpet and leaving nasty/toxic residues all over it. The latter is unfortunately more common than the former and little mentioned unless it is so bad that their dog's face swells up after you leave...

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
I think cleaning a rat nasty catpet as effectively as can be done is better and healthier than cleaning a relatively clean carpet and leaving nasty/toxic residues all over it. The latter is unfortunately more common than the former and little mentioned unless it is so bad that their dog's face swells up after you leave...
The main goal of cleaning carpet in that condition has two main points that need to be confirmed before you leave that residence
1. After the treatment of carpet and proper rinse agent is used, you need to make certain the water you recover smells as clean as the water that was used to flush it out. What do I Mean by that? Once you go over the concerned areas, pull the vac hose off your wand and smell the water inside your wand. If it smells like funk, keep rinsing until that water smells clean. That tells you there's no more funk on the exposed carpet
2. With all the flushing and SEVERAL dry passes, a fan needs to be put on that carpet to speed up the drying process to prevent any heavy wicking

I don't care what the attorney wannabe Fred says. This cleaning process is so much better than just leaving it for the customer to handle, whether it be them pulling that carpet up funky to expose them to the hazardous funk or even the customer going out and renting a rugDR to make the situation really biohazardous

Hell, in the past I was asked to clean a carpet after a landlord kicked out a HOARDER just so they wouldn't feel dirty pulling up the carpet to replace it, which I did clean it.

You'll run into several of these situation in the near future, so feel free to make the judgements for yourself. Just remember that what your goal of what condition the carpet needs to be might not be the same goal as the customer as long as your machine can perform the needed pressure/vacuum/heat to clean in this scenario

• Love
Reactions: Bryce C
Back
Top Bottom