This is an air mover.......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
once hooked up and turned on it took 55 seconds to stand this 15X15 foot square and about 20 foot tall plus it kept it pumped up and tight so all the kids could jump in it for 6.5 hours even with all the leaks.....plus it is very quite..

IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4259.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Jim my brother has a thing called the "Moon Walk" it's 25' X 25' and around 20' tall with a full dome top. 25 - 30 kids can be in this thing at a time jumping and it has 2 fans pumping air in to it.

Greenie

My guess is any one of your 1hp airmovers would do that, once it hits capacity.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Greenie said:
My guess is any one of your 1hp airmovers would do that, once it hits capacity.

your probably correct but there is not an air mover in this industry that could stand it that fast

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
don't know I did not tear it apart...but if you stand beside something that big and you have air force pushing it UP to fill it as much as it would hold in that short of a time..you got some good air movement going....

Mikey P

Administrator
Larry Cobb said:
B.S.

No electric motor puts out 1 HP with 6.9 amps @ 115 volts.

Lying Californians.

Larry

Damn!

Nick must have served Rocky Mountain Oysters cause Larry grew a set over the weekend..

I like it!

Name
John LaBarbera
The RPM's is about 3 times the RPM's of a standard airmover. It also has a different fan inside. It will also cost more.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I think sam’s club sells this brand. Look for a link that says commercial on their site. They have some great deals on buffers too.

John Watson

Back in 87 when I put those things together for Dri-Eaz we called them Balloons,cause thats what they blew up, we did have both 3/4 and 1 hp motors but back then they drew more amps. Till they changed the roto molded housing these units used the Sirroco shell and we applied the female velcro around the snout. These things would run outside in all types of weather, some of the repairs we had to do mosty were total rebuilds, just reusing the shell.

topnotchman

John Watson said:
Back in 87 when I put those things together for Dri-Eaz we called them Balloons,cause thats what they blew up, we did have both 3/4 and 1 hp motors but back then they drew more amps. Till they changed the roto molded housing these units used the Sirroco shell and we applied the female velcro around the snout. These things would run outside in all types of weather, some of the repairs we had to do mosty were total rebuilds, just reusing the shell.

Did you ever see the Drieaz equipment for drying pets? I thought that was a unique idea.

TimP

It probably means it has a 1 hp motor on it but only pulls that many amps meaning it isn't run at full capacity.

I really think that's the confusion everyone is having.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the 6.9 amps could very easily be the full load amps that it takes to get it cranking...once it starts... the full run amps could drop 3 or 4 and level off......most larger 3 phase motors will give you both full load and run full amps on the tag......a lot of the smaller ones will only give you one or the other but most the time it is the full load amps so you are not blowing a circuit while it is trying to ramp up and get going...When ever I use to rebuild motors and gear boxes the full load amps is what was important when trying to adjust the circuits because you already knew that once it settled down the amps would drop.

Never the less.....to push that much volume of air and to be able to push something this big UP in that short of time....it has to be cranking.....and would probably make one hell of an air mover for drying carpet......and did I mention how quite it was...it don't sound like some one is trying to land a jet airplane in the middle of your living room.......

BTW.....by looking at the casing there is a chance that there is no start capacitor to help get it going and up to speed....this will also cause the full load amps to be displayed higher then a motor that has the capacitor

Name
John LaBarbera
Jim Martin said:
the 6.9 amps could very easily be the full load amps that it takes to get it cranking...once it starts... the full run amps could drop 3 or 4 and level off......most larger 3 phase motors will give you both full load and run full amps on the tag......a lot of the smaller ones will only give you one or the other but most the time it is the full load amps so you are not blowing a circuit while it is trying to ramp up and get going...When ever I use to rebuild motors and gear boxes the full load amps is what was important when trying to adjust the circuits because you already knew that once it settled down the amps would drop.

Never the less.....to push that much volume of air and to be able to push something this big UP in that short of time....it has to be cranking.....and would probably make one hell of an air mover for drying carpet......and did I mention how quite it was...it don't sound like some one is trying to land a jet airplane in the middle of your living room.......

BTW.....by looking at the casing there is a chance that there is no start capacitor to help get it going and up to speed....this will also cause the full load amps to be displayed higher then a motor that has the capacitor

Jim,

Do you think it might be a DC motor?

Name
John LaBarbera
Their website says 850 cfm. That's why they don't sound like a jet. The volume of air is low. They are high pressure fans.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
we had one of those stolen from my wife's work for their blow up toy. I tried to hook up a couple of my airmovers to use until the insurance company replaced it. 2 of the snail airmovers couldn't hold up the toy.

Greenie

Would those "airmovers" by chnace be standard smaller units like 1/3hp? They move a fair amount of airflow but have no "lift" and don't push against resistance well, I can see this "blow up toy" (snicker) fan having more balls and less cfm.

Why not use a 14amp 1.5hp motor though....It's not gonna pop breakers in middle America?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Jim Martin":3f8u078l]the 6.9 amps could very easily be the full load amps that it takes to get it cranking...once it starts... the full run amps could drop 3 or 4 and level off......most larger 3 phase motors will give you both full load and run full amps on the tag......a lot of the smaller ones will only give you one or the other but most the time it is the full load amps so you are not blowing a circuit while it is trying to ramp up and get going...When ever I use to rebuild motors and gear boxes the full load amps is what was important when trying to adjust the circuits because you already knew that once it settled down the amps would drop.

Jim,

Do you think it might be a DC motor?[/quote:3f8u078l]

It is possible but I cant see why....your not going to gain much out of a D/C motor other then being able to adjust the voltage up and down...( like they did on the roto vac 360 )...and even an D/C motor has to peek out at some point...

OK John..your probably one of the smartest ones here that does not allow ignorance to over crowed your common since when it comes to putting things together and looking at the full picture..you are a good problem solver and trust me we need more of that in this industry instead of the want a Be's....you don't stand on the shoulders of others and then not back your stuff up you are the only one I know that will keep at it until it is 100 %.......think about the snail fans that they hook all those lines to to do structure drying...or the flat panels for floors and take a fan like this that can create the lift it has to move that weight forward and up and hold that resistance with out any hesitation...Don't let the full load amps throw you ..this was plugged into a 15 amp circuit in my house all day while other things were running on it at the same time and it never even got the cord hot....single phase motor...1 hp and look at the RPM it can put out..do you think that something like that could work....

Think about it...I have to go back out for 3 hours and then come back home and dump and fill and then go back out for about another 2 hours....I look forward to hearing what you think....

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Quite frankly this is just a Chinese knock off of the Dri-Eaz Airwolf. These types of fans utilize a backwards inclined blade to produce static pressure for applications such as bouncy castles. We supply several companies that produce these types of products with the airwolf and have for some 8 years. In our ASD class we show how to use the airwolf for hardwood floor drying. The higher pressure is effective in pushing air through the grooves in the wood. As for general carpet drying applications these fans are not as effective as other designs because they don't provide nearly the same volumes of air or velocity require to really speed up drying.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Bill Bruders said:
Quite frankly this is just a Chinese knock off of the Dri-Eaz Airwolf. These types of fans utilize a backwards inclined blade to produce static pressure for applications such as bouncy castles. We supply several companies that produce these types of products with the airwolf and have for some 8 years. In our ASD class we show how to use the airwolf for hardwood floor drying. The higher pressure is effective in pushing air through the grooves in the wood. As for general carpet drying applications these fans are not as effective as other designs because they don't provide nearly the same volumes of air or velocity require to really speed up drying.

since you are connected to drieaz ask them why it costs $138 for new motor to one of my drieaz fans, that is bullshit

Greenie

Stevie, it's Return on Investment, like it or not, approve or not, If I invest $1 in inventory I'm gonna get back X% of profit....or I'm not gonna carry it, I'll invest elsewhere, and support other products with my time and money. All it takes is a few levels of distribution, and you have $138 motors. You could always buy a pallet, stock and store them, ship them, and have $89 motors, it's your money to invest as you see fit.

Kinda like the carpet cleaner that spends .90 a gal RTU for a quality time saving chem, or he might spend .45 a gal RTU for a hohum product, it's his money to invest as he sees in providing the greatest ROI.

How much does an Air mover make a Restoration guy over it's lifetime? It's just a tool, shop wisely and do your best to provide for your company.

topnotchman

Greenie makes a good point. I'd pay $138 for a new motor for it, versus $330+ for a new Turbo Dryer. In my experience they last forever, I still have one from the early 90s with original motor (Drieaz Sirocco) and its made me LOTS of money over the years and thats just 1 air mover. Kind of tough to pay, but again it'll pay for itself in 4-5 days of rental alone.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
shop wisely and do your best to provide for your company.

exactly...............and people like John can take things like this and come up with good ideas for his company as well as ours......

Back
Top Bottom