This is an air mover.......

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Greenie said:
Stevie, it's Return on Investment, like it or not, approve or not, If I invest $1 in inventory I'm gonna get back X% of profit....or I'm not gonna carry it, I'll invest elsewhere, and support other products with my time and money. All it takes is a few levels of distribution, and you have $138 motors. You could always buy a pallet, stock and store them, ship them, and have $89 motors, it's your money to invest as you see fit.

Kinda like the carpet cleaner that spends .90 a gal RTU for a quality time saving chem, or he might spend .45 a gal RTU for a hohum product, it's his money to invest as he sees in providing the greatest ROI.

How much does an Air mover make a Restoration guy over it's lifetime? It's just a tool, shop wisely and do your best to provide for your company.

greenie your logic sounds well in good until you realize that THEY ARE ALREADY STOCKING MOTORS TO PUT INTO THE NEW AIR MOVERS THEY ARE SELLING!!!!!! grab on off the shelf and ship it out, infact it makes it so they can get a better volume discount for the new air movers drieaz is building. the fact is they don't want people replacing motors they want people throwing away the air movers and buying new, ie don't work on it infact lets make it so it can't be fixed, just like the newer drieaz santana models with plastic drum fans that have to be cutt off the shaft, you wanna talk about profit and all, buts lets be real honest seriously, an air mover probably costs drieaz about $30 bucks to make, distributors are likely lucky to be making $30 buck on the sale, drieaz is the one making all the cash.

greenie you of all people if I know anything about you, don't support products that are hard and or impossible to work on, which also means little proprietary parts

Greenie

Dunno nuttin' about working on a plastic squirrelcage, but I agree, I hate shortcuts, and products SHOULD be serviceable.

But I also know you ain't building a airmover for $30.

Are you sure the replacement motors for older stock and current stock use the exact same motor?

Last time I checked Dri-Eaz was a for profit company, not a charity, they know you can and jsut might shop somewhere else, but they also know without profit and a healthy profit at that, they go the way of the DoDo bird.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Steve G
I have no idea which of the several models of Dri-Eaz airmovers we have made in the last 30 years you have that you need the motor replaced on but I can tell you that the motor costs significantly more than $30. Also we use several different motors all designed specifically for the product they are used in. None of our motors are off the shelf designs.

All that being said if I used your logic that since we have them "on the shelf" for production products we should just grab one and sell it at the price you want to pay.. then if you come clean my neighbors house and I come over and ask you to clean mine I get a big discount right? After all you don't have to drive anywhere, you didn't have to market your service to me, heck you have equipment and chemicals I can see them on your truck, the job is almost total profit so lets say instead of $.35 a square foot you do it for $.15 ok? :lol:

I'm just joking here of course but I do think whats good for your business should be good for ours as well. We are not the enemy here, while people like to paint us as some corporate giant, we are a company of roughly 200 employees who have families just like the people on this board. We work our butts off to provide the best products we can, products that won't let you down when you need them. Sure we could provide cheap airmovers (made in China) like most others do. But we know our products have to work so buildings can get dried as fast as possible and people can get their lives back on track. Frankly we just don't cut corners and don't plan too moving forward.

TimP

steve g said:
Greenie said:
Stevie, it's Return on Investment, like it or not, approve or not, If I invest $1 in inventory I'm gonna get back X% of profit....or I'm not gonna carry it, I'll invest elsewhere, and support other products with my time and money. All it takes is a few levels of distribution, and you have $138 motors. You could always buy a pallet, stock and store them, ship them, and have $89 motors, it's your money to invest as you see fit.

Kinda like the carpet cleaner that spends .90 a gal RTU for a quality time saving chem, or he might spend .45 a gal RTU for a hohum product, it's his money to invest as he sees in providing the greatest ROI.

How much does an Air mover make a Restoration guy over it's lifetime? It's just a tool, shop wisely and do your best to provide for your company.

greenie your logic sounds well in good until you realize that THEY ARE ALREADY STOCKING MOTORS TO PUT INTO THE NEW AIR MOVERS THEY ARE SELLING!!!!!! grab on off the shelf and ship it out, infact it makes it so they can get a better volume discount for the new air movers drieaz is building. the fact is they don't want people replacing motors they want people throwing away the air movers and buying new, ie don't work on it infact lets make it so it can't be fixed, just like the newer drieaz santana models with plastic drum fans that have to be cutt off the shaft, you wanna talk about profit and all, buts lets be real honest seriously, an air mover probably costs drieaz about $30 bucks to make, distributors are likely lucky to be making $30 buck on the sale, drieaz is the one making all the cash.

greenie you of all people if I know anything about you, don't support products that are hard and or impossible to work on, which also means little proprietary parts

Somehow I don't think that an airmover only costs 30 bucks to make. It may cost 150 to make a $300 airmover. But then you have to figure they have a building they have to pay for. Air conditioning, electrcity, insurance, development costs, freight, and then the retail store has to make money on it too. And in the end it cost more but as they sell more volume their actual cost goes down just like when we do more volume of carpet cleaning. But I seriously doubt they are selling enough to sell them any cheaper and make a profit and if they could they would. It's called supply and demand, if it was possible to sell the product for much cheaper and do it as well it would be done by a competitor. Just like us cleaning carpet, if someone can do it for less and make a profit they will do it. However like dri-eaz most of us keep our quality in check and we are able to charge slightly more than the competition and it's well worth it. Also if you don't like the price dri-eaz charges there is competition.

I do have to agree on one point, and that is most of the stuff in our industry is way over priced and yes I do bitch about it myself. But most of the stuff in our industry is american made so we have to pay a premium for that fact, not to mention it's built better. And at least the money we spend is staying here in our country. Also keep in mind you are renting out your airmover for 25-35 a day so in what 7 days you have already bought your new motor, that will probably last you another what 5 years??? The person making the money in this case is actually you???

Name
John LaBarbera
steve g said:
[quote="Bill Bruders":34550l37]Quite frankly this is just a Chinese knock off of the Dri-Eaz Airwolf. These types of fans utilize a backwards inclined blade to produce static pressure for applications such as bouncy castles. We supply several companies that produce these types of products with the airwolf and have for some 8 years. In our ASD class we show how to use the airwolf for hardwood floor drying. The higher pressure is effective in pushing air through the grooves in the wood. As for general carpet drying applications these fans are not as effective as other designs because they don't provide nearly the same volumes of air or velocity require to really speed up drying.

since you are connected to drieaz ask them why it costs $138 for new motor to one of my drieaz fans, that is bullshit[/quote:34550l37]

Maybe Mytee should raise our prices. Our standard 1/3 HP, 2200 cfm Mytee Dry Airmover retails from our distributors for $179.00 and it's 100% Sicilian made in Poway, Ca. The motor is from an Ohio company named Imperial. The squirrel cage is Revcor from the midwest some where. How on earth does Mytee sell so inexpensively? Maybe if I raise my prices we'll sell more.

Back
Top Bottom