This is the first day I’ve ever needed a secretary

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The calls wouldn’t stop coming in! Normally, I can handle them. But today it really interfered with my work and made me a bit irritated. I know I shouldn’t be that way because they’re just giving me what I need...business.

So if these days keep coming in, how should I handle a secretary employment for my type of owner/op business.

After Damon’s experience, I know what not to do. I’ll let him describe that one if he wants to. I’m just planning ahead before I start losing jobs.

Reactions: Nomad74

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Best thing you can do for yourself is to hire an office manager who can answer the phone, do your scheduling, correspond with your customers, work with your online presence and social media. Bonus if she can do your books as well.

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The calls wouldn’t stop coming in! Normally, I can handle them. But today it really interfered with my work and made me a bit irritated. I know I shouldn’t be that way because they’re just giving me what I need...business.

So if these days keep coming in, how should I handle a secretary employment for my type of owner/op business.

After Damon’s experience, I know what not to do. I’ll let him describe that one if he wants to. I’m just planning ahead before I start losing jobs.
Just don’t hire a ******* anit-social bitch with anxiety issues and you’ll be fine.

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
Take yourself off the tools and do it yourself.

Hunt down work and work on your business.

steve_64

Matt I've lost more jobs this year due to not returning calls fast enough and just forgetting to return emails than maybe the last 12 years. Thought I was going to get my mother in law to take it over but I think she found another job.

I want off the wand more. Trying another guy out the last couple weeks so far so good. That gives me time to answer or return the call promptly.

If this doesn't work I'm going to go to 2 jobs a day and get pickier on my customers. I can't keep working like this.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt I've lost more jobs this year due to not returning calls fast enough and just forgetting to return emails than maybe the last 12 years. Thought I was going to get my mother in law to take it over but I think she found another job.

I want off the wand more. Trying another guy out the last couple weeks so far so good. That gives me time to answer or return the call promptly.

If this doesn't work I'm going to go to 2 jobs a day and get pickier on my customers. I can't keep working like this.
I know how you feel. I need a full time Tech more than a need an office manager.

As to not returning calls: I try to answer the phone on the first ring. There was a few that I just sent to voicemail. Thank goodness they left a message.

steve_64

I know how you feel. I need a full time Tech more than a need an office manager.

As to not returning calls: I try to answer the phone on the first ring. There was a few that I just sent to voicemail. Thank goodness they left a message.
I hate answering the phone while I'm working. I always felt it was unprofessional to take calls in custys home while I'm working. Some calls can take a lot of time and my attitude can suck. Its noisy too and I'm losing my hearing.

Most calls are repeat so not an issue with leaving a voicemail. Its the new people finding me online I'm losing some of. The referrals wait for a return call.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I fired my girl, and I'm busier than ever. Makes me wonder how many calls fell through the cracks. Her and I would argue constantly about answering the phone every time it rang. Her little liberal mind believed in humanity and that every person would leave a message and wait for us to call them back. It doesn't work that way.

Yeah, it's a little more work for me now, but every call gets answered with the exception of lack of cell phone signal when I'm cleaning up in the mountains.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
I fired my girl, and I'm busier than ever. Makes me wonder how many calls fell through the cracks. Her and I would argue constantly about answering the phone every time it rang. Her little liberal mind believed in humanity and that every person would leave a message and wait for us to call them back. It doesn't work that way.

Yeah, it's a little more work for me now, but every call gets answered with the exception of lack of cell phone signal when I'm cleaning up in the mountains.

Rediculous imo.

Call Lupe

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I just want to finish my work for the day so I can get home and read my “new” book. Copy write 1969.

562AF3B6-4A97-42F5-A8A9-35917DC0B837.jpeg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom