This is why you should list your website everywhere

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Google scrapes other websites to see if you are who you say you are...for lack of a better reason right now.

This is the "more about this place" area on my Google Places account.

Google lists the places you're listed and it helps keep you at the top of the local listings.

Here's a screen shot.

googlescrapes.jpg

This is huge for any company that wants more work.

Disclaimer: Some of the sites I don't even remember. lol and Google may be giving me more credit than I deserve. :|

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I started listing everyehere I could a couple of months ago. I have done nothing else as of yet regarding seo of my site. using this tecnique alone, I have slowly risen to the top of the second page on Google local.
Definetly works.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yes Shorty, you will need your own Yahoo screen name IE: Prioritycarpet@yahoo.com
This gives you an account with Yahoo...and then you can start using Yahoo local etc.

Lights? Do you mean people spamming you? Yes it happens...necessary evil of popularity.

Give the little lady a dutch oven for me Shorty. shiteatinggrin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
goomes said:
I started listing everywhere I could a couple of months ago. I have done nothing else as of yet regarding seo of my site. using this tecnique alone, I have slowly risen to the top of the second page on Google local.
Definetly works.

I would put more information (content) on your front page...this is the most important aspect of SEO...Google and others want to know if it's a good site and that's one way of telling them.

Another is to keep people on your home page for longer periods of time...so give them something interesting to do...don't just put a hug paragraph of meaningless words..make it interesting.

And double space lines to give the eyes a break and make it mo betta for people to read. Kind of like this post.

I like your site...but you could use a little more info...even if it's below the fold (meaning you have to scroll down to see it)...Google doesn't mind "scrolling" but your customers do...so make sure the good stuff pops up first.

Remember to mention your keywords in your headings IE: Carpet Cleaning New York NY....or something like that.
Bigger bolder headings will get the attention of Google for what you do and who they want to show it to.

More pages is good...but make sure every page has a link back to the home page (via a click able logo in the same spot on every page)

AND make sure every page you build is click able FROM the home page....even if it's a link off of another page.

Sooo much more.

Keep your keywords in your meta tag area to a minimum...don't over do it and don't repeat words...and make sure the most important keyword (or phrase) is 1st

Like "carpet cleaning New York NY"

Use a short but descriptive description in the description :mrgreen: part of the meta tags.

Sooo Much more...

Eyes tired yet?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yes I know a ton of those pages were from city search but it doesn't take away from the fact that you should have more citations on Google places and the way to do that is to list your company on other sites

Which we both agree on.

The only reason I can figure that Pro Team is higher than me ( other than the fact that I told him what to do to get there...you're welcome Matt. lol)
Is because the website is more optimized for the Sacramento area where it was for the Roseville area before.

Number 2 isn't so bad considering...maybe I'll switch it back but I was looking to gain more customers in the bigger city.

Fred, would you mind starting a bullet point thread of the basic easy to do steps to get higher on Google Places for everyone?

I don't want to miss anything and I know you know your stuff.

Thanks

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
Brian R said:
Yes I know a ton of those pages were from city search but it doesn't take away from the fact that you should have more citations on Google places and the way to do that is to list your company on other sites
Which we both agree on.

I don't believe that to be a fact at all. Worrying about how many citations there are on your places page should be one of the last things you worry about increasing...very little "bang"...they should however increase if you are doing the things you should be worried about.............

That was the part I was talking about.

Every little bit helps.

For the record, those citations on my places page just showed up about a day or 2 ago...so there is still a chance it will jump me over pro clean....maybe lol

I only had about 30 before that.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Isn't it "huge" that Google sees you all over the web and then brings credibility to your site and page.

I think you're getting caught up in what's more important....it's all important...and it's all therefore "huge"

Value is brought by being on more sites (backlinks)...more value is being listed on better sites.

It's an end result to show of something well done. Google knows this.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Good God Fred...maybe I give you too much credit.

You act like what I posted was the end all to end all in the SEO world...surely it was not.

But important nonetheless

You should list your site everywhere...including the big important ones... because every little bit helps.

Search "Semantics" and get back to me. :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You should list your site everywhere...how many different ways can I say this?...so that more people see you and Google thinks you're relevant.

The sites that Google scrapes increases your citations and shows that you are out in the internet world.
Those citations DO help your Google Places ratings...along with other things.

Ask me again and I'll tell you same and try to say it different again. shiteatinggrin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't believe that

How can Not listing your site on another site Help? It can't.

So listing it on another site has to help...even a little, poquito, small amount.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Guys, how about naming some important sites that we should concentrate on.

that would be great!!

Albert

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Google
Yahoo
Bing
City Search
Kudzu
Hotfrog
Superpages
YP.com
Judys Book
Angies List
Craigslist
insider pages
CarpetCleaning.org
Yelp

Just off the top of my head.

Any type of yellow pages directories

Type in "carpet Cleaning your area" and see what directories pop up...get your free listings on those.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Lets break it down so those that really need this info can understand what you are talking about.

Citations = Are backlinks, like the ones that show up in your Google Paces (Maps) After the reviews.

Only the ones that are Google ranked show up on Google.

So, quantity is not as important as quality (Since if they are not Google ranked they are invisible.)

Where Can you find them= An Internet search of "Google places higher ranking" can find many.

Brian listed some:
Yahoo
Bing
City Search
Kudzu
Hotfrog
Superpages
YP.com
Judys Book
Angies List
Craigslist
insider pages
CarpetCleaning.org
Yelp

You can also find them be checking out other Places (Map) listings (Not just carpet cleaning or carpet cleaning) and register on those sites.

Most are directories = IMPORTANT:Make sure your information, (Business name, web address, phone number ) Appears exactly as your Google places listing.

You can also get listings from Association lists you belong to. Such as the BBB, Chamber, Service Magic etc... (Some of these carry more weight that the directory listings)

(BTW: most forum backlinks have very litte weight)

It's all about what I call "Web Cred"

The more credible your company seems to be the more likely Google will reward you with higher placement.

This also explains the ever increasing relevance of online reviews. Which is an other important topic that can involve several threads.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Thanks Dave.

BTW: I'm really starting to like your website. Though it may look slightly outdated it's got all the right stuff. Your seo kicks ass too, kudos.

Albert

A

amazingcleansc

Thats precisely why *** wont allow you to post a backlink to your website.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom