This Just Pisses Me Off.......

R

R W

I was out cleaning a fire insurance job.....2 rooms of carpet, and a ceramic kitchen floor. The carpet went well, but the grout was nasty. These people spilled lots of grease and stuff on this floor. Well, I mixed up the Viper Venom, heavy, and went to work brushing the grout with the grout brush. I used the SX12, 240*, and 1000 psi. It cleaned up nicely, but there were a few grout stains I just couldn't move. Pissed.....I borrowed some "Dollar Store" soft stuff bleach scrub. This stuff worked better than the many $$$$$ Venom, and it probably costs a buck a bottle.

I know.....I should have added some oxygen booster, but I had none on the van. I also could had used acid side cleaning, but that was back at the shop also. I very rarely use acid cleaner, so I don't keep much around.

Still......a buck a bottle versus $$$$$ T&G cleaner.

R

R W

It was about a quart, and it probably would have cleaned the same area as the Venom. The tile itself is never the problem when cleaning......

The problem is using clorine bleach. The walk off onto a carpet could cause a few bitches with the custy, if you didn't completely rinse the floor. Try explaining to Mrs P that the "footprints" will disappear shortly......

Rex Tyus

It could also brown out on you. Chlorine is nasty stuff. Even on grout. But I am glad it worked for you.

CapeCleaner

R W said:
I mixed up the Viper Venom, heavy, .....This stuff worked better than the many $$$$$ Venom...
Viper Venom sucks. I used it on two jobs a couple of years ago and it has sat on the shelf ever since. I use Prochem Tile & Grout cleaner and This Old Grout Easy Etch. I don't do much acid cleaning though because I really push color sealing for tile and grout jobs.

Gary T

Dump the Venom, Use TOG Deep Clean (ask for the original not the green), Matrix Grout Devil, Unitex hard surface (purple label), Prochem, TxCon 4800. All are better and you can dilute more. Don't use bleach on grout, you can remove or lighten colored grouts.

G

You have to be creative in this business, you will make the suppliers rich!!!

Just because your in the carpet & tile cleaning business, that means you dont have to buy eveything from a carpet cleaning supplier!!

G

I did a tile & grout job on wed, so I always use floor stripper ($7 a gallon) fron Home Depot. I journeyed down to the local Interlink supply house and bought a high dollar tile cleaner. And never work so hard in my life so I finsh up with the floor stripper.

I should have know better :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
IMG_3484.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

red max pro from Lowes .......a honorable stripper but on of the best cleaners I have found.....

does not hurt the paint on the base boards or cabinet toe kicks...5 gal pail is about $30 bucks but after you mix it for use it cost just pennies to use and is concentrated so it goes a long way.....very cost effective.....

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
RW;

The Viper Venom DID DO the first step in the grout cleaning.

Then the cheap stuff did the second step of bleaching the color back closer to the original color.

You would not have done as good a job without the first step.

As Gary mentioned; the chlorine bleach can get you into trouble by deteriorating weak grout.

We like to use a high pH degreaser in combination with a safe oxygen bleach to restore the grout to the original color (our PowerMax).

Larry

G

I agree with Steve and Jim; Did a restaurant kitchen 3 weeks ago; mopped down Proforce Heavy degreaser; scrubbed well took grout wand to it; then repeated with Proforce Stripper; Owner though the grout was black; but turned out white as snow.

R

R W

I do like the ProChem Restoration cleaner for tile. I usually have a few selections on the truck, but only had the VV with me that day. The Genesis takes up a LOT of room in the van, so I'm limited to how much "stuff" I can carry.

Back
Top Bottom