This Might Piss a Few People Off

ErikG

OK guys ive had several questions in my other post about pricing , no pricing on websites .. I know you all have been trying to get .28 .38 .43 a Sq Ft. Since we all have a choice of what we should charge, Why should someone have these such prices if are over head is not as much as yous . For instance some one who runs biz out of house and who does not have employess or a lease payment on Tm or TM'S in yuor fleet ,or a huge rent.
The aveage house in Fl 1200 - 2200 sq ft ,after a .43 cleaning at 1400 sqft comes out to 602 dollars would be the clean the price. With out me being a hack or low baller in your eyes how does the average 80 yr old pay for that cleaning or the person with average pay in fl 10 -12 dollars a hour pay for this . Am I supose to just let all these retirees in fl go by and wait for someone who wants the premium service. Just seems like their is alot mor work with being fair priced in the south vs California wear the average house is 600,000 1,000,000.

TimP

Every market is different. I'm higher compared to what cleaners get around here. But I'm way low compared to most on here. I'm under .30 cents a ft. Of course I'm in FL and the cost of living is lower. But it's all I can get without loosing a lot of business. And I seem to think I make pretty good money doing what I do. You need to charge as much as you're comfortable charging.....if you feel you are too slow due to price lower it. It doesn't matter what others charge it's your business. Now if you're doing whole houses for 69 bucks or 6.99 a room you're hack pricing. Meaning you do work for less than Stanley Steamer I'd say you're a low baller.

Erik

You should base your prices from a business plan not theory or what the other guy is getting. As for the lower overhead their is one major flaw, one may start at that low over head but wants to run a business not have a job. That guy needs to factor in those expenses so he can make that transition from O/O to a business.

You should factor in your pay as well as a tech' pay so when you get off the truck you are already priced right.
That being said it is up to you maybe you never want off the truck or never want to build in goodwill in the hope to sell off your company.

Only you know these things

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Well first of all a 1400 sf house in your example probably only has about 800 sf or so of carpet, so that right there brings the price down to $344. Secondly remember cost of living is different in different areas of the counry so .43 in one area may be the exact same thing as .33 in another area. You have to figure out what is right for YOU and your market and take what these guys on the boards say with a grain of salt because you don't necessarily know their whole deal, market wise, how many jobs they actually do wise, or how successful they are at those high prices. Plus another thing I've noticed is many times someone who brags that they charge XX dollars, doesn't really because they almost always have some sort of special or discount going.

Just food for thought.

Ps I put my prices on my website and I'm certainly not the cheapest in town but I like for people to call me and know what to expect and I prefer them to not think that I make up the price as I go depending on how much money I think they have.

MikeD00019

I have a buddy that runs around all week cleaning tons of houses for very cheap. I keep my prices up there and do 4 to 5 jobs a week and make the same as him. I just started my business too. I work a lot less than him but provide much greater quality work. If you wanna run your ass off your less go ahead, but in order to keep ALL of our prices at a good number we have to charge more. If we don't it will turn out the same as roofing houses.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
You also need to take in to account this is a board and there will always be alot of crap and lies on the boards.

Our prices for most are listed on our site. Dont care about others prices or their equipment I know what we need and my family makes a nice living.

Some do clean better than others and thats just fact but again this is a board and like any board everyone on their is the best and wouldnt even put their hoses on a dirty carpet if they got $100. sq ft. I on the other hand have mouths to feed and people to pay so if I have 2 guys standing around and John from the roach motel calls and wants a couple rooms cleaned then my guys or myself are on the way.

Make the the money you want, clean what you want and when you want and dont worry about the stuff others put on the boards for prices. In the end everyone on here is a lowballer to the next guy.

Name
I'm Rick James
Good answers above. I think the high end companies are a smaller piece of the pie than average price companies. Every high end company I have came across never get big, maybe only a few trucks. But the average price company has a bigger customer base and can be similar to Ken Snow massive operation. Plus you have the chance to make more cheerleaders. Its all what you want out of your company.

The big question is where do you want to be when its towards the end. Which type of company is easier to pass on(family,son, daughter) or sell?

:mrgreen:

Name
Bill Soukoreff
ErikG said:
Am I supose to just let all these retirees in fl go by and wait for someone who wants the premium service.

No one is putting a gun to your head Erik. Don't worry about what others charge. Pick your market low, middle or high and then go for it, but don't try to be all things to everyone. I turn away or lose 30% of the calls of get from non referral sources. That works good for me. People will pay higher for a owner operator and you need to get a higher price if you are an owner operator.

ErikG

All of you thanks alot great answers. Ill take all of that into consideration.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
After a few days off, and a pita trip across the desert

Separates the men from the boys don't it......

I was wondering today if you made it back in time for Tuesday.......

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yes, I made it back by 3:30AM Tuesday morning. Took a shower, went to bed for 2.5 hours sleep. Up at 6 for my 8:30 appointment.

She wasn't home ...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
who deleted my post?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I posted a response in an identical thread.

Back
Top Bottom