This old dog....... fixed it but want to know why...

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
every morning when I get the boys up the 3 yr old has Ph burn in his bed

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Doc Holliday said:
I have seriously never heard anyone have so much trouble with Berber carpet.

Nor have we used citric acid in the last 10-years or more. :shock:

Please remember that we are cleaning HUNDREDS of homes each day! The sheer %'s allow us to regularly encounter issues that you may see once or twice in your career. I devlop systems and campaigns to allow for mass reproduction with as little exposure as possible. McDonalds may not sell a great hamburgers but they are good enough that they have sold billions of them!

I agree about the citric acid: The container of Citric Acid we used is likely 5 years old!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
gregcole said:
Doug Cox said:
Yeah, I want to know how you PH burn an Olefin fiber also. Greg, please explain.

A term I created to emphasize the importance of drycleaning berber.

At least you're man enough to admit you invent bullshit and mind figmentation is a terrible thing to waste.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Willy P said:
gregcole said:
[quote="Doug Cox":2lpomdjm]Yeah, I want to know how you PH burn an Olefin fiber also. Greg, please explain.

A term I created to emphasize the importance of drycleaning berber.

At least you're man enough to admit you invent bullshit and mind figmentation is a terrible thing to waste.[/quote:2lpomdjm]

I am in a business where we call hot water extraction 'Steam Clean". Birds of feather....

Name
Lee Stockwell
Your portables utilize "hot water extraction" (or even warm water extraction), but most TMs including mine definately employ STEAM for the best cleaning possible.

240 deg F. @ 400-800psi is liquid until vented to room pressure and steam ensues.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I actually steam clean also Gregory. Admit it, you employ guys that produce subpar results and you have to dryclean berbers to cover your own ass.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Doug Cox said:
I actually steam clean also Gregory. Admit it, you employ guys that produce subpar results and you have to dryclean berbers to cover your own ass.

Doug, you are missing the point - the skill level of the tech is irrelevant due to set standards. There were certainly better and more skilled car manufacturers when Henry Ford decided to create the assembly line. Ford realized that there simply weren't enough A+ assemblers to hit the numbers he wanted.
I have some A+ cleaners, a lot of B's and a couple of C+'s. The rest aren't given contracts.

Most importantly; we safely clean berber with dry clean - regardless of the skill level of the tech, humidity level, equipment on the contractors truck, etc..

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Lee Stockwell said:
Your portables utilize "hot water extraction" (or even warm water extraction), but most TMs including mine definately employ STEAM for the best cleaning possible.

240 deg F. @ 400-800psi is liquid until vented to room pressure and steam ensues.

Wrong- steam comes off the hot water being sprayed down- yet the carpet is NOT being cleaned with steam. On a cold day- with a portable I can get steam to come off the carpet too.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Most importantly; we safely clean berber with dry clean - regardless of the skill level of the tech, humidity level, equipment on the contractors truck, etc..
Greg I understand your guys have a history of trouble with Berber so it's only reasonable to avoid HWE when they clean it.

So what is your drycleaning system composed of, and why does it cost so much more?

It seems like that would be an area that could be abused by your contractors, especially if they get a percentage of the ticket.

Ryan

gregcole said:
Lee Stockwell said:

Wrong- steam comes off the hot water being sprayed down- yet the carpet is NOT being cleaned with steam. On a cold day- with a portable I can get steam to come off the carpet too.

There is a difference between water vapor and steam.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom