This one's for meAt.

Name
John LaBarbera
Ok, Meat you asked for it, Here it is. The ELECTRIC BOSS. 100 psi Shurflo pump. 25' power cord. $299.00
What do you think, Meat.

IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

Name
Bruce
From your other thread I thought you were replacing an old one, but it looks like you are offering two sprayers. Now I have a decision to make :)

Greenie

I see a corded boss sprayer, and a cordLESS rechargable Big boss sprayer.

Used the corded one a few days ago, very strong pump, really can put out the juice, and at $299 how do you go wrong?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
for the guys that like sprayers the size of small portys, it might be a dandy, John.
the price point looks good
The proof of pudding is in the eating, as they say though.

(No, I'm bucking for a freebie to evaluate, cause honestly, it looks too bulky and cumbersome for "my" likes/wants)
No capacity to stuff a 1gal jug in either if a guy needed to squirt some specialty juice

is it a demand pump or internal by-pass pump head?

Surflo or Flojet?

..L.T.A.

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Meat,

It's a Shurflo demand pump with internal bypass. The plumbing on this unit allows you to bypass main tank and connect to a secondary bottle for alternative chemicals, like fabric seal. IT'S TOO BIG? lol

John

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Thanks John.
Glad to hear it's a by-pass pump.
not all jazzed about Surflo, though.
Isn't Flojet a better pump?

here's the closest to what "I" think is the perfect sprayer

http://www.vacuumcleaners.net/vacuum_cl ... _1143.html

why HF discontinued it for that abortion they call the Omni, I'll never know :roll:

They could of introduced a "new improved" version of the old HF with a just a few mods to make it better.
BUT NOOOOOOOO, that had to scrap the old design and make that POS Omni

Note some features of the old HF that made it near perfect to "me", John

thin, compact design, yet generous 3 gal capacity.
HUGE opening for easy filling and mixing.
Ability to drop a 1 gal jug in and hold securely
Pump on top so juice spills/leaks don't corrode wiring

stop listening to those MOTOs that want 55gal drum sized sprayers that need dolly wheels and cranes to lift in and out and up stairs
and make something that the "average" BDCC wants

...L.T.A.

meAt said:
Thanks John.
Glad to hear it's a by-pass pump.
not all jazzed about Surflo, though.
Isn't Flojet a better pump?

here's the closest to what "I" think is the perfect sprayer

http://www.vacuumcleaners.net/vacuum_cl ... _1143.html

why HF discontinued it for that abortion they call the Omni, I'll never know :roll:

They could of introduced a "new improved" version of the old HF with a just a few mods to make it better.
BUT NOOOOOOOO, that had to scrap the old design and make that POS Omni

Note some features of the old HF that made it near perfect to "me", John

thin, compact design, yet generous 3 gal capacity.
HUGE opening for easy filling and mixing.
Ability to drop a 1 gal jug in and hold securely
Pump on top so juice spills/leaks don't corrode wiring

stop listening to those MOTOs that want 55gal drum sized sprayers that need dolly wheels and cranes to lift in and out and up stairs
and make something that the "average" BDCC wants

...L.T.A.

amen to that bigger aint better..

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I think for me 3 gallons would be the sweet spot. I have a multi with the 2 gallon jugs and I seem to always run out just before the end.

That sure does look like a nice sprayer though. Certainly one that would be considered when the time comes to replace mine.

Greenie

U guys do realize the sprayer pictured is easily lifted and carried, or rolled right? It's friendlier than some must think, I liked using it, that HF sprayer has no place to put the gun, where do you wrap the cord?

Maybe John just needs to remove the training wheels and leave you with the jug and cord?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
yep, 3 gal is the sweet spot for us too

and that old model HF couldn't be sized any better for a 3 gal spayer

John, does that Boss have the half size baby Shuflo pump, or the full size one?

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greenie said:
U guys do realize the sprayer pictured is easily lifted and carried, or rolled right? It's friendlier than some must think, I liked using it, that HF sprayer has no place ot put the gun, where do you wrap the cord?

Maybe John jsut needs to remove the training wheels and leave you with the jug and cord?

GreenJuan, are you missing the point of "compact" size and shape?
are you missing the point of 3 gal being the "sweet spot" for many, (most?) of us?

you don't "need" wheels on a 3gal sprayer.
You don't "need" a laundry basket/spotting kit holder on a sprayer.
You "need" to pay attention to average BDCC and not a select handful of jamokes that don't fit the "average" Joe CC'r profile
You don't "need" more, when it's not needed 88% of the time

a compact, well designed 3 gal sprayer similar to the HF is what's "needed"

as far as HF, you mentioned two things they SHOULD of done to improve it.
Also, put a rocker switch instead of that dumb azz toggle that begs to get broke

instead, the morons made a sprayer with LESS capacity but more BULK
and then put stupid wheels on it and a Big Lots carry-on luggage handle...

now get on it, Boy, and refine the one sprayer that fit the "sweet spot' for most of us.
cause a small porty sized sprayer, in my "NON gUrU just a BDCC, doing this chit for a living everyday" ain't it!

..L.T.A.

Name
John LaBarbera
Meat,

The Shurflo pump is a full size 100 psi demand with internal bypass. Shurflo is better than Flojet. imo

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
John LaBarbera said:
Meat,

The Shurflo pump is a full size 100 psi demand with internal bypass. Shurflo is better than Flojet. imo

thanks John
for give my ignorance, but what's a "demand w/internal by-pass" pump?

I'm familiar with demand pumps like used in portys, and I'm familiar with the by-pass head that Flojet uses
(like what's in a Multi-Sprayer)

never heard of a "demand w/internal by-pass"

side note, what's the GPM open flow rate on the Shurfo you're using for this sprayer?

..L.T.A.

Name
Lee Stockwell
We have two HF units like Larry's, but we paid 360. for each. Great sprayers and pretty durable. Justin made a "hangup" bracket for it like Sal sells with the Spraymaster 7qt units. When "parking" it during use we usually stick the wand thru the handle. Wish it used Ryobi 18v batteries instead of Dewalt 12v.

Thanks,
Lee

Name
John LaBarbera
Meat,

Demand indicated a pressure switch, internal bypass is important because it allows you the ability to use a wide range of jets with out the pump cycling. You could use an 08 and than change to an 02 without any problem.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Lee, I know where one of the battery ones "might" still be available.
I'm not sure I want it though.

The battery on top makes it even more top heavy.

I'm also concerned about battery life.
I think they're $69 ea.
add the in van DeWalt charger, another $79.
Now a four hundred and sump'um dollar sprayer becomes a 600 dollar bill

how many drain/charge cycles you get out of a battery?
How many gal sprayed on a full charge?

Thanks

..l.T.A.

Greenie

meAt said:
GreenJuan, are you missing the point of "compact" size and shape?
are you missing the point of 3 gal being the "sweet spot" for many, (most?) of us?

Okay...it must be your age pops, the 100 psi corded little boss is a 3 gal. sprayer, and it's pretty compact and light weight, and I DID suggest Mr. Labarbera could remove the training wheels for you stubborn old mules that want what you want, a briefcase sprayer sans dollie.

as far as HF, you mentioned two things they SHOULD of done to improve it.
Also, put a rocker switch instead of that dumb azz toggle that begs to get broke

instead, the morons made a sprayer with LESS capacity but more BULK
and then put stupid wheels on it and a Big Lots carry-on luggage handle...

now get on it, Boy, and refine the one sprayer that fit the "sweet spot' for most of us.
cause a small porty sized sprayer, in my "NON gUrU just a BDCC, doing this chit for a living everyday" ain't it!

..L.T.A.

So there you have it...remove the training wheels...and MeAt should be happy enough'

Name
Lee Stockwell
We use them for protector and deodorizing exclusively. Usually don't leave the battery on it when we hang it back up in the truck, we pop them in the charger. The toggle switch (Jeff mentioned earlier) can occasionally be bumped to the ON position, so taking the battery out avoids that in transit.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I use the same 12 volt sprayer that Larry uses and it's going to be real hard to go to a new sprayer when this one dies. Yes it does have some drawbacks. No holster for the lance. That's why I screwed on a 2" piece of pvc pipe. Dewalt batteries sometimes fail. I have one that won't hold a charge but 2 others that have lasted 2 years. They are hard to work on if the pump fails but it can be done. Cheap plastic fittings on pump break easily. Another good point is it fits on the step in sliding side door. Open side door and sprayer gets filled and carried in with my wand.It's a little heavy when full but that's what assistants are for. 3 gallons is plenty for most jobs. If you use more than that for 6 or 7 rooms, you're soaking the carpet. Go Trifib.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greenie said:
So there you have it...remove the training wheels...and MeAt should be happy enough'
[/quote]

getting closer.
let's drop the laundry basket and ape hanger handle bars too.
make the bottom flat
Open the mouth to accommodate a 1gal jug
and to make me REALLY happy, get the price point on the new improved meAt-o-sprayer to $250 and I'm buying the first one to evaluate

..L.T.A.

Greenie

See....thick

losing the training wheels means losing the ape hangers and basket too.

The 1 gal. jug thing...ain't that important, just pour a gallon in and call it good.

I think the 100psi Shur-flo is like 1.2 or 1.6gpm? who cares..it's plenty.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Being able to drop in a gallon jug means mixing a gallon of protection and putting it in the sprayer you have already in the house without having to dump out your prespray.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
He knows that Kevin.
Even though he's not a CC'r, he's not dumb about "everything"....

"dumb like a fox"

Greenie said:
See....thick

losing the training wheels means losing the ape hangers and basket too.

OK, I still have a Multi-Sprayer, i can live without the gal jug.
Now, is it going to sit flat with the hump in the front, now that the wheels are gone?

last question, since we lost the unnecessary fluff hardware, am I getting it for two fiddy?

and if that demand pump cycles off and on while spraying, I'll pitch a FIT

..L.T.A.

Greenie

KevinL said:
Being able to drop in a gallon jug means mixing a gallon of protection and putting it in the sprayer you have already in the house without having to dump out your prespray.

So...are you purging your line and gun of prespray, putting that protector down, then switching back? Now that sounds like a pita. I might just consider an alternative approach if that is the case.

btw: if given the option, how many here would like a regular quick connect on their sprayer, so that you could just grab 50' of your solution line, click it in, click on your spray gun and hose her down, then wrap up, hardly moving the sprayer at all, and not having to deal with a 10' curly cord attached?
After using it both ways, I found the the 50' my preferred set up.

The more I talk about it, I think I would want a Corded BIG Boss with the add on protection jug on the side to do what Kevin suggest as long as you can easily tell when you've bled the PS, and bled the Protector.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom