this post will save you thousands on your next van/truck

ntcc

As many people who know me, as to never ever pay retail for anything unless its totally free or damned close to it..
I been around for many years on this planet, seen this done that, worked every job imaginable. but one job made me realize. Never ever pay kbb, edmunds or craigslist prices for your next box truck or van. and also gives you leverage to make money in the off seasons, MAYBE.

We all know used cars come from somewhere right?? repo's, trade-ins whatever.. Find out how to obtain a dealarship license for your state. It might be around $500. Now with this piece of paper you know have to right to goto vehicle auctions only privvy to used car dealers. Buy cheap or next to nothing, and then they sell at kbb. Now you have the power to buy a gorgeous box van of your dreams, for next to nothing. The reason is. box vans, and utility vans or cargo vans are never ever a good deal for dealerships. Because they never sell obviously.

I hope this helps you get your next awesome van..

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I know in utah you have to have a location where a sign can be placed, I work from my home so it will not work for me.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I wish it was that easy. I have a Used Car dealership and it is considerbly more then $500. Our monthly expenses are that just for insurance,bond and phones. We are not even charging ourselves rent on the office nor the 3 designated spaces for our "lot"

joe harper

Name
joe harper

It is alot easier to find a friend ..."Like John"...and ask them to take YOU as his "guest" to the auction.... :idea: The customary fee for this friendship is $100.00....CASH.... :wink:

Ps..If you are lucky enough to have such a friend...make SURE you have the CASH on hand for your purchase.... :!:

dgargan

Used Car Dealer License in TN

In Tennessee a person wishing to obtain a "Motor Vehicle Dealer's License" must apply for one through the State Department of Commerce and Insurance, Motor Vehicle Division. They have a list of requirements that can be printed from their website. Requirements include: having a building with office furniture and a business phone, a display area large enough for 15 vehicles, a sign, liability insurance, a garage facility or Service Agreement with a local repair garage, and a surety bond or letter of credit for $25,000. The Dealer License Fee for used cars is $200.

Name
Nate W.
For me to get my used car dealers license, it's roughly $5,000. A $25,000bond which costs $3,000 a/yr, $900 for registration to the "dealers only" auction, business GE tax license, a floor plan of the building, 3 clearly marked stalls, and a restroom. Some extra little charges, but I believe it's worth it. Now, I just need to get my a$$ in gear and do it. :lol: My pops isn't even going to charge me that much rent for the stalls, floor plan, and lease........ :shock: :evil: :lol:

ntcc

hmmm probably a scam hard to tell, my internet slowed way down. But sorry guys I was hopeing to help out. here I think you just need a location. and license fees. its been a while since I was in that racket 15 years ??

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Funny you should mention that. I ran across this ad on Craigs List this morning. I do not endorse or know anything about this ad.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/1785899807.html

250.00 A MONTH GETS YOU A INDIANA WHOLESALE DEALER LICENSE , 4 DEALER PLATES , AND YOUR REQUIRED OFFICE! PLEASE GO TO MY WEBSITE IT WILL ANSWER MOST OF YOUR QUESTIONS , AND THEN GIVE ME A CALL AT 219-644-8763 AND ASK FOR CLINT . THE LICENSE AND PLATES ARE GOOD IN ALL 50 STATES !http://autodealerlicenseusa.com/

Mike Draper

Let me let you guys in on a little insider info. I grew up in the used and new car business. I sold cars for about 10 years. I started going to auctions all over the country at around 17. when I graduated high school I would go to the auction almost weekly to purchase cars for our dealership. Here is the big secret.........drum roll please.......................any car that is worth buying at the auction does not go for cheap. If you want a toyota, honda, lexus, jeep wrangler, acura etc. that is in good condition you will pay close to retail or above for it at the auction. You want a Toyota Tacoma? Plan on paying full retail on KBB or Nada (depending on where you are located in the country) if its in good condition. You think the stock market is a fast game, try going to the auction. the hucksters there have it down to a science. Try bidding on a car , you'll be bidding it up and some jackass behind you keeps bidding the thing damn near retail and your thinking "this car for that much...its a piece!!!, then you look behind you and realize that the auctioneer was pointing to thin air and you fell for it. By the time you realize it, you've just purchased your new car. Many domestic cars .GM, ford, dodge, you can get some good deals on, but be willing to take a huge chance cause many dealers, rental agencies, banks, etc will roll their piece of shit cars through there and you WILL at one time get one of these and have to put thousands of dollars into it just to make it run correctly. Sometimes dealers will pull a spark plug wire, or do some minor damage (like pull the valve stem out of the tires) in order to make the clean cars look not so presentable, this way they can get a better deal on it. So take my advice, unless you have alot of extra money lying around, or you truly know what you are doing and you can afford to take the risk, a dealers license is just not that great. If you are going to do it for a business than its a different story. Just my 2 cents worth.

There is 1 way to get great deals on a clean used car at the auction. Have a new car dealership. These dealers have special auction between themselves for their lease returns. Example, all toyota leases would go to the auction for Toyota dealers only. All the crap that is left over goes through the regular auction.

A

amazingcleansc

how about the 20,000 security deposit for closed dealer auctions?

I go to auctions about once a month or so and I can tell you right now, there are plenty of vehicles that are waay out of the book. for example, in this part of the country, tahoes bring retail at auctions.

I go to auctions roughly once a month and good deals are as hard to find there as they are calling around and offering low ball prices to people.

then you only get to peep at the vehicle youre about to buy, so theres no really good way of knowing what problems are coming with that vehicle.

Finding deals has and will always involve WORK.

It wouldn't be unlike going to the stock market and saying, these guys are rich just because they are in the stock market buying everything.

You can find a deal there, just don't expect it to be on EXACTLY what you want/need.

My friend that is a buyer for a car dealership, i took him to school on what a CDS van looks like and told him i would pay him a profit if he finds one and pays what the van would cost wholesale. :twisted:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
in texas (i have been to three major markets auctions dfw,austin ,houston) there is no money in buying cars at the auction. you make money by selling financing for the banks and by screwing people driving up the interest points that there credit score can handle. mike is dead on the money.

The time we have made a killing is when it snows on auction day(it is very rare when it snows and less people drive for fear of getting in an accident). we usually make a big effort to get to the auction on those days.

if you want to make money buying cars, put up a few ads in the paper and craigslist ect, stating you buy cars that have clean titles, desperate people will sell you there care for cheap so you can clean it and flip it. if you dont buy the car some title loan company will or pawn shop will.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have a friend with a dealer’s license. He will buy anything I want for a $300.00 fee. I would never pay more than KBB wholesale pricing for anything. There are lots of good deals out there if you have cash.

Mike Draper

dealtimeman said:
in texas (i have been to three major markets auctions dfw,austin ,houston) there is no money in buying cars at the auction. you make money by selling financing for the banks and by screwing people driving up the interest points that there credit score can handle. mike is dead on the money.

The time we have made a killing is when it snows on auction day(it is very rare when it snows and less people drive for fear of getting in an accident). we usually make a big effort to get to the auction on those days.

if you want to make money buying cars, put up a few ads in the paper and craigslist ect, stating you buy cars that have clean titles, desperate people will sell you there care for cheap so you can clean it and flip it. if you dont buy the car some title loan company will or pawn shop will.

This really is true!!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Mike warned me. We have lost money buying cars at auction not made any. The 1 and only car I bought I lost 2 grand on. I could have donw what the other 3 dealers had done and cleared the codes and ran it back through but I have this little problem with honesty. I fixed it and sold it at loss. It is a dirty buisness. I prefer to pick up repo's or go to the state auctions (impound auctions) I will never ever sell used cars as a stand alone buisness.

A

amazingcleansc

yeah, and then if you get a reputation as the guy who buys vans, other buyers who are interested in vans might follow you around. of course, when I see the arabs, I just leave, because I know they are about to bid out of the galaxy so they can ship to the middle east.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
i'm not worried about that I haven't been to an auction since I got royally screwed. I have my repo companies I deal with, TW and Lora go to the auction. I went to 3 just to check them out and really have no desire to go back unless it is for a specific vehicle for someone.

Lora Olson

The snow strategy doesn't work here...it snows as early as Oct and as late as May. I was at the auction in Feb freezing my arse off and there were still a TON of people, all just dressed a lot warmer. :shock:

A

amazingcleansc

thats the way to do it, just get with the repo companies directly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom