This video blur out?

Name
Nate W.
Nice way to F'up some carpet. Also, only stretch all of 2'. Looks like a camrea phone with the quality.

Name
Nate W.
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
whittcohawaii said:
Nice way to F'up some carpet. Also, only stretch all of 2'. Looks like a camrea phone with the quality.

You have got to be kidding me. That guy is a master installer. Software issues I think.

And you seriously got to be kidding me. That is only a restretcher, not a true stretch with a power stretcher. Reminds me of the guys who think their knee's are as strong as a power stretcher. Ever see what happens to carpet with the restretcher? And the installers try to say it's a manufacturing problem. :roll:

DRScrivner

I openly admit that despite my IICRC RRT Cert I am not a really good installer, with just a little installation experience.

But, I have not seen a power stretcher used that way before. Why would they sell the poles if that worked that way. I know about Behr Claws, but that pulls toward the tackstrip. A power stretcher pushes against the opposing wall (with a stretcher board for protection) to get the 1 to 1 1/2% stretch- or so I was taught.

That does half of a power stretch and half a Behr Claw. If it works I would LOVE to know more.

Maybe I can learn something new here.

Name
Nate W.
DRScrivner said:
I openly admit that despite my IICRC RRT Cert I am not a really good installer, with just a little installation experience.

But, I have not seen a power stretcher used that way before. Why would they sell the poles if that worked that way. I know about Behr Claws, but that pulls toward the tackstrip. A power stretcher pushes against the opposing wall (with a stretcher board for protection) to get the 1 to 1 1/2% stretch- or so I was taught.

That does half of a power stretch and half a Behr Claw. If it works I would LOVE to know more.

Maybe I can learn something new here.

I'd stick with the power stretcher if I were you. When your foot slips or wasn't secure enough, you got a nice problem on your hands. I'm all for innovated products, but that's a problem I'd rather not deal with.

DRScrivner

Mountain View Carpet Care said:
Some of the builders around here don't allow poles to be used. The baseboard are the cheap partical board and might push a wall over :)
Isn't that what a stetcher board is for?

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
What a hack. Check out some of the patch jobs on youtube. I won't give them the respect of calling them bonded inserts or permanent sections. They are patches.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
That gentelmen is what is refferd to as a carpet spike and it will void the warranty on about 80 % of the carpet installed. For instances when an opposing wall is not safe to stretch off of, a dead man is to be used to stretch off of. It would be placed about 4 to 6" off the wall that would normally be used to stretch off of. http://www.fcimag.com/Articles/Feature_ ... 32a8c0____

sweendogg said:
That gentelmen is what is refferd to as a carpet spike and it will void the warranty on about 80 % of the carpet installed. For instances when an opposing wall is not safe to stretch off of, a dead man is to be used to stretch off of. It would be placed about 4 to 6" off the wall that would normally be used to stretch off of. http://www.fcimag.com/Articles/Feature_ ... 32a8c0____

The carpet has been in the house for 6 years, This was not a brand new install.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Irregardless of the age of the carpet, a carpet spike is going to do damage to the carpet. A restretch is supposed to prolong the life of the carpet. Not damage it even worse.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
a long 2x4 or a deadman and when you stretch you need to kick it into the tack strip as well

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom