This year is showing good promises for our business.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I try not to let the news scare me. So with that aside, I had a decent growth last year at 8% over the the estimated 5% I was predicting. That's a good steady number for just a single owner/op.

This month showed a very good increase to give me hope for a good year. This January was 48% better than the January of 2019.

How's everyone else doing with growth?

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
If i get though February alive, I’ll have a better opinion of my year. February historically has been tough for me.

Last edited:

Chris A

Name
Chris
Really good January for us as well, after a really good December, both were really tough months for us last year

Reactions: BIG WOOD

steve_64

Well this year has been crappy so far. Dealing with people sucks. Had issues at the shop and had to get out quick right after Christmas. Just got home from getting the butler back from the mechanic. Worked at new construction all day 7.5 hours me and Genny non stop. Drove the 2006 Sierra because the 2002 WM starting running a cylinder or two shy and limped home yesterday. It may be done.
Leaving now to clean the dealership and test out the butler probably a $2000 bill.
At least the new construction was a final so we can bill it but we ran late because the painters weren't done and got into with the foreman yesterday before the WM messed up. Charging and extra $500 but they don't know it yet.
But not sure where we are financially. Been busy as he and haven't got the year end done let alone the month.
Dealing with insurance on a water loss from the shop and writing letters to prosecutor. It's been messed up. Neighbor is dying of cancer.been trying to help out there as much as we can.
Gotta go.

steve_64

Got the butler back last night and the van seams to be running really good. Probably the best since we got it. Gotta go see what the damage is today. My mechanic let's me pick it up after hours and pay after I check it out it.
I might let him check out the WM maybe a plug or wire failed. It's been an ongoing issue too.

steve_64

Dropped the butler off this morning because the leak came back. Still don't know the costs and added a couple small items.
It sure is running better though. He has no clue why. It use to seem real bouncy on the highway like it had bad shocks. It's not like that anymore. And the accelerator use to feel like it was floating. It would rev up on its own at times and it's not like that anymore. We are both laughing and scratching our heads. He worked on the revving issue a couple times but never figured it out.

steve_64

Ended up being the torque converter had a crack in it. Got it back and idle wasn't right again. The computer wasn't recognizing the idle or something. Took about ten minutes to set it up right. $2400 bucks later and no more fluid leaks or strange noises.

But now I hear an exhaust leak.

Taking the WM in tomorrow.

Neighbor passed away today.

steve_64

the 8 year old one you mentioned?

is CC'ing is the primary $ource of income?
If so, why are you looking at more worn out tired horses?

..L.T.A.
yes the 2012.
Because I probably couldn't get a loan for a new one or newer one right now. Got a real lot going on but could pay cash for an older one. Then Genny could have this one back and I'll keep an older one going.
I know where there is a 98 around 88000 miles and 2200 on the butler. About $11000.
We got accustomed to having two machines on the road so when one goes down we can cover it. And Genny got use to having a van. Right now we bounce back and forth between the butler and the 06 Sierra. Could use a quick fix.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Matt;

That is great news! And, even though it is the very beginning of the year, its got to be positive!

In regards to our company here, we had a remarkable year in 2019 setting some records. This year has started off the same so we'll see what happens. But, I believe a lot of that business was spurred on by some deep discounts (Closing in on near 50 years) for the end user/purchaser of our equipment. We always wanted to introduce this program to the advantage of the small business person!

Hope you keep moving forward.

Ed Valentine

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt;

That is great news! And, even though it is the very beginning of the year, its got to be positive!

In regards to our company here, we had a remarkable year in 2019 setting some records. This year has started off the same so we'll see what happens. But, I believe a lot of that business was spurred on by some deep discounts (Closing in on near 50 years) for the end user/purchaser of our equipment. We always wanted to introduce this program to the advantage of the small business person!

Hope you keep moving forward.

Ed Valentine
I always enjoy your comments Ed. Thanks for the encouragement

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom