Those without IICRC cert, what would you do?

TimP

You know when I first started out I was pretty well worried about getting set up for the mills so that I could do the warranty work etc. But now that I've been in the business for a while I don't see how the mills can do squat. Keep in mind that the mills wouldn't honor a claim if the carpet was abused before. In reality nothing has really changed as far as warranty and expection goes. The only thing that has really changed is money and positioning to sell chemicals and certifications.

I've stated this before and I'll state it again. Not until the mills require carpet stores to insist on their customers reading and understanding their warranty requirements will there be any change as far as needing to submit to the requirements of Shaw and IICRC. I don't know anything about the 3m or scotchguard stuff though. But the carpet is all the same even if it's branded it comes off the same machines and runs through the same vat of protector. It's funny how people get so wrapped up into brand names.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom