Thoughts on this vct?

Mikey P

Administrator
Twin Lakes Resort store in Bridgeport CA

I believe a couple of guest cabins and the owner's home couple years ago.

Covid traffic and profits were so intense this year that they have money to blow on floor cleaning for once...

2500sf

I would hire a local cabin neighbor to help me out but I still think it may take two days so I'll have to come home to keep my van from freezing...

IMG_20201029_200811.jpg
IMG_20201029_200806.jpg
IMG_20201029_200756.jpg
IMG_20201029_200752.jpg
IMG_20201029_200748.jpg
IMG_20201029_200743.jpg
IMG_20201029_200737.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
should clean up well with a scrub and few coats of polish, has it got any finish on it?

The owners don't know enough to tell me that so I only have the pictures to go on but they've owned it for about 5 years and have done nothing but sling the yellow devil around..

I'll assume there's about 10% left

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Just sub it out 80/20 and get on with your normal life. Don’t put yourself in a bad mood. If you don’t do vct as your main service, don’t mess with it. You’ll hate yourself once you’re 6hours in it

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'm afraid once you present the quote to do it they will just laugh and you will be on your way. They see you as a janitor and that is it.

They might offer you $100

Mikey P

Administrator
Easy. 175, SPP, mild cleaner, foam squeegee, flat mop rinse with a bit of vinegar.

Test rinsed floor with squeegee again to see if it rinsed clean. Otherwise repeat.

Fan dry thoroughly before ANY finish application. However ixnay direct fan on finish coats to avoid ripples and debris.

yep, Ive done enough of these
$3kish....

Name
Lee Stockwell
Going with a strong butyl or ammonia based stripper and black strip pads will turn this into a sticky more complicated job, with sometimes worse results.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
The worst part of VCT is waiting for it to dry. That old floor will not strip to an even color, it will always have character. Consider an abrasive strip with maroon pads, neutral cleaner and water. Use that Typhoon (or whatever the rotovac thing is called) to recover slops.

It can be very efficient to do the cleaning, but the drying will take one hour per coat and drying. This is an all day job. Make them declutter and reset their merchandise.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Looks like the Linoleum we have in a couple of our 60's era men's rooms.

From the pics it doesn't look like a great installation, so maybe the first gen vinyl made to look like linoleum? Anyway, if it is Linoleum it needs a different cleaning procedure from vinyl.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Oh my, don’t make a mountain out of a mole hill. Do it like Lee said, but take fans to speed dry. Spp with 175 with a tank and a wet vac adapted down to fit your dev wand with the glide. No slurry to worry about. Flat finish mops, fan dry in between coats, go home with check🤷🏼‍♂️ Neutral mop after strip, fan dry.

F

FB7777

Listen to Lee and Ken

ANd be sure to bring handle blades to scrape the previous poor stripping efforts and dried crud under displays

that shit gives me nightmares

I hate floor stripping

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Maybe for you dumbass. We’ve been doing it for 33-34 yrs. Certainly is hard in a beauty shop, and even though I wouldn’t do one ever again, I can. You do fan management like you do hose management. You have to be deliberate.

F

FB7777

FINALLY!

SOMEONE ELSE CONFIRMS THAT LADWIG THE CATSEX WAND USER IS A DUMBASS!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom