Thoughts on this zipper knock off?

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
I have always believed (through experience) that the "original" inventors/developers of most any system always offers a lot more than a "copy". Copies are never the same or even come close to being equal in any sense. And, whenever a manufacturer offers "the same" konck-off at such a lower price, its cheaper alright because common sense would convey the fact that the internals are usually "cheaper".
If anyone truly believes that they can purchase a carbon paper copy of a Picasso and it is better or the same,.............Bull $hit.

Erik puts his heart and soul into his product and it shows all the way from the production bench to the floor!

As for any manufacturer doing so, you draw your common sense conclusions.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Probably in context.

Plonker is a term for part of the human anatomy. Wanker is an individual who engages in a specific behavior associated with that part of the anatomy.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I would like to someone come up with a scrub wand with dual vacuum chambers. I remember talking to Ron Toney once about a wand that would be easier on your back and shoulders. He had some ideas of designing a wand with curved bicycle handles, like a 10 speed bike, with the trigger control on the handle. Never got it done, I guess. I love my Zipper on wide open areas but haven't gotten comfortable using it for residential yet. How about a dual chambered scrub wand with curved handle bars and swivel.

I’ve often thought about a wand with a vacuum slot on both the front and the back of the spray jets. Didn’t SS have a plastic wand like that? The design would need to be right.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I’ve often thought about a wand with a vacuum slot on both the front and the back of the spray jets. Didn’t SS have a plastic wand like that? The design would need to be right.
The angle has to be right making it easy to push. The vac hose attachment has to be in a place where it doesn't place too much weight on it. If you could stand and push the wand with both hands, back and forth and then be able to step back as easily as we do with a standard wand, we would have something.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I have never used either, but it seems as if the sharp edged glides might chatter on some carpets. However, it also seems like it would get a bit closer head on to edges than the Bonzer.

But Austin says the head is “die-cast steel.” Is that stainless? Gotta say it actually looks more like polished aluminum.

FredC

Village Idiot
Seems more of a knock of this to me
US3919729-drawings-page-2.png

Dual port/clean both directions, center spraybar (25), wheels (3), and glides (16) circa 1975

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Family over 53 years ago...

But back then... These were just Drag heads (Wands)

Zipper cleans forward and backward... And way smoother and refined...

Screenshot_20191017-072322_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191017-072345_Gallery.jpg

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Mark;

I remember those drag back wands back in the early 70's. 8 jets; low psi. That one was made by DEEP STEAM out of Grand Rapids/Muskegon, MI.

Thanks for the memories!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom