Thread ruined by Yoakum

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
My new website that you guys will absolutely hate is being Superseo'd and they asked for this info
I need 10 companies to link share
Anchor Text around 8 words
anchor address

I won't be in the office until Tuesday but I will be shooting my videos then, should be cool. Hopefully the sight will be up in 24 hrs but isn't completely finished

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Re: Link Share

One way Google indexed links have a lot more web juice.

Link sharing could even hurt your ranking sometimes.

Due to all the link farms and other crap companies used to do to buy or game their way to the top of rankings.

Google now rewards local web cred.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Crowley, I will give my honest opinion of your site when it's ready. I'm looking forward to it.

Do you mean we'll hate it because it will be so good?

I'd be happy to link it from my Network Home Services site. !gotcha! :mrgreen:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

The website is not you guys style. Thanks for the advice Dave but I didn't ask for it. I will let the SEO people decide what I need. If you dont' want to be attached with the information I requested buzz off

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Direct from the mouth of Google:

Link schemes

Your site's ranking in Google search results is partly based on analysis of those sites that link to you. The quantity, quality, and relevance of links count towards your rating. The sites that link to you can provide context about the subject matter of your site, and can indicate its quality and popularity. However, some webmasters engage in link exchange schemes and build partner pages exclusively for the sake of cross-linking, disregarding the quality of the links, the sources, and the long-term impact it will have on their sites. This is in violation of Google's Webmaster Guidelines and can negatively impact your site's ranking in search results. Examples of link schemes can include:

Links intended to manipulate PageRank

Excessive reciprocal links or excessive link exchanging ("Link to me and I'll link to you.")

The best way to get other sites to create relevant links to yours is to create unique, relevant content that can quickly gain popularity in the Internet community. The more useful content you have, the greater the chances someone else will find that content valuable to their readers and link to it. Before making any single decision, you should ask yourself the question: Is this going to be beneficial for my page's visitors?

It is not only the number of links you have pointing to your site that matters, but also the quality and relevance of those links.

Once you've made your changes and are confident that your site no longer violates our guidelines, submit your site for reconsideration. .

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

we will see where it goes. we aren't talking about a ton of links and I am happy where I am ranked in my area but I am expanding my area. SEO came with the site so I would like to give it a shot if it hurts my rankings where I am high I am not concerned I won those areas

I am planning a quick video everyday or every otherday to post on the site is this good or bad Fred.
I should actually change the title of this thread and start over and ask yoakum not to **** it up again

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Working on your Map listing will give you a lot more web juice that out dated tactics like link swapping.

Google wasn't born yesterday.

Link swapping has been over used and it doesn't carry much weight anymore.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

again Dave I don't care what you say I have more higher ranked spots in my area twiddling my thumbs than you. shoo and who says it is all about Google. almost 40% of the work around here comes from Yahoo

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you should read all the revisions it states that excessive link sharing such as link pages and excessive link exchange but having similar content and more in depth material will help your ranking.
Suck it Yokum

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Shark said:
again Dave I don't care what you say I have more higher ranked spots in my area twiddling my thumbs than you.

An other Crowley misstatement.

In all sincerity. I do hope your new Internet venture does much better.

I couldn't find you for carpet cleaning MA or carpet cleaning boston.(26 miles away)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
google revised the rules
Examples of link schemes can include:
link exchange and reciprocal links schemes ("link to me and I'll link to you.")

now it is
Examples of link schemes can include:
excessive reciprocal links or excessive link exchanging ("link to me and I'll link to you.")

and if you read what you posted it talks about related content and quality

Because I service Marshfield not Boston you idiot

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Hey Dave you weren't even ranked in Omaha.

You can not be that stupid. Well I guess you are.

I don't service Boston

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I don't serve the entire state of nebraska.

But I rank in 2 of the top 3 listings.

I don't want this to turn into a pissing match.

But Marshfield only has a population of 2500.

An area that small shouldn't require much of an SEO effort.

Kind of like an only child being their families favorite.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Marshfield has a population of 40,000 idiot
I have the town annual report right in front of me as I work on my election camaign
we have a budget of close to 80,000,000 47,000,000 for the schools
we have total of 23,000 registered voters

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Shark said:
Marshfield has a population of 40,000 idiot
I have the town annual report right in front of me as I work on my election camaign
we have a budget of close to 80,000,000 47,000,000 for the schools
we have total of 23,000 registered voters

Whatever, the web says 25K(Blame the web)

Still a very small area as far as having to spend much for SEO.

Should be cake.

I was just trying to help.

Sometimes I hear of guys spending tons for SEO (cough TM#F or simular)when their area is just doesn't require it.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
If you haven't been paying attention and again I didn't ask for anything from you. My company has expanded and I am finally going to start using the internet. I have not done anything with except have a site.
All the info you posted about link sharing is outdated 2007 material. I had to read alot tonight because you are an idiot. The Seo came with the site and all I wanted to do was ask a 10 carpet cleaners for a link. Because as goole states it makes the depth of the info deeper and is in a similar category.

Again who asked for your help Dave. I was very specific about what I wanted and the info you gave was wrong and what I am doing wouldn't violate google or hurt ranking it would help

F

FB7777

Yoakum, I sincerely believe that you THINK you are trying to help guys but dude give it a fricken rest

You barely have a business yourself after 30 years, but act like all your marketing marvels produce you so much work

You'd have more than one weenie electro mount if that were the case

Take Greg's advice and stfu already

We are population heavy around here... I barely hardly leave my 5 surrounding communities and I do over half a million

Greg does more than me and I know for a fact that his surrounding demographic is more affluent than my area and equally populated ( not that that will always translate to more money but it doesn't hurt )

Everything you do marketing wise you claim seems to work so well for you Dave

Why is it you are a one truck wonder then?

Your work must suck so bad and'or you must creep out everyone you work for because the multiplying effect laws of REPEAT AND REFERRAL BUSINESS over a FREAKING 30 YEAR BUSINESS don't seem to apply to you :roll:

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I might be wrong but I don't think anyone can tell what someone elses ranking is unless you are in that area. Doesn't google list sites differently by whos computer is looking?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Sometimes you may have to erase your cookies to see the real ranking.

Kevin,

If you work on your places listing with more citations (back links) and client reviews you should be able to easily get to page #1 for carpet cleaning. You do rank well for carpet care. But, it is not as relevant a search term as carpet cleaning.

If you search this site you can find tips on how to accomplish this.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've been reading lately that Google DOES show things differently depending on where you're located....Even if yo clear your cookies and sign out of Google etc.

I don't know if it's true....and could change in the next 5 minutes (that's just how Google rolls 8) )

Maybe Fred could answer this one.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
pretty interesting since I am nowhere near Fall River but a bunch come up and with a 508 area code. There is an actual company using my name down there. That is pretty fing funny

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom