Throttle control for PTO's?!?

Name
Nate W.
I've come across that, but is that pretty much the only way they control it?

Do the PTO's require you to leave the key in the ignition or that box controls it so you can remove it?

I'm been looking at the SAFESTOP that police cruisers use, enabling you to remove the key from the ignition leaving the vehicle running.. If someone were to try and press the brake or put it into gear it kills the engine..

I basically have no trust with leaving a running vehicle unattended while I'm 100'+ away.. I don't clean in the ghetto, but nowadays people will chance anything..

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Justin Johnston
We use the ETM68A that @FredC referenced as well as a parking brake relay so the parking brake has to be set in order for the machine to be on/stay on. If the parking brake is released it will kill the machine, however the key does have to remain in the ignition. I have never looked into the Safestop.

Reactions: Nate The Great

FredC

Village Idiot

Yeah. I looked it up when you mentioned it. What I couldn't find is if there is a timed shutdown or it remains on continuously. I wondered because I thought a remote start module would serve the same purpose but I think I can only program mine (Firstech FT-DC3-LC) to remain running for 45 minutes.

Name
Nate W.
Yeah. I looked it up when you mentioned it. What I couldn't find is if there is a timed shutdown or it remains on continuously. I wondered because I thought a remote start module would serve the same purpose but I think I can only program mine (Firstech FT-DC3-LC) to remain running for 45 minutes.

Yes all the alarm installers say it’s only a 20 minute program.. I ASSume the SafeStop keeps running until you or something shuts it down.. I do like the feature if someone were to try and drive you vehicle off, It supposedly won’t start again until the key is present..

But again, where there’s a will, someone will find a way to bypass it.. I would just like piece of mind..

We were cleaning a school that had “smash and grabs happen before.. This time a electrician left his keys in the van and someone jumped in and drop it off.. The dude was 40’ away.. Unreal..

Name
Nate W.
There's always the club

Cut the steering wheel with the same Milwaukee m12 hacksaw they use to steal your catalytic converter.. Had my CC cut off in my driveway 6:30am..

AutoLoc foot brake gimmick.. I know ways around that as well..

I do like and want to get a set of 4 Thunderbolt locks.. Basically an actuator that extends a metal rod through your door jam and door making it not open..
Anti Theft Deadbolt Locks for Van Doors secures Work Van and Adventure Van Doors with Security Van Lock Amazon product

I use those stupid puck locks but they can use the hacksaw in 20seconds.. I also don’t like it because thieves see it and “think” you’ve got something good in there..

This has been a moment in Nate’s brain..

Name
Nate W.
I pretty much always keep them in the ignition, slide in guy..😄

Did I ever tell you the time I had a guy turn off my “slide-in” machine while I was on the last floor.. My mom was looking over and I could hear some commotion.. I went to the balcony and said you touched my machine?!? He’s like yeah I did..

I flew down the 2 flights of stairs, kick open the exit door.. I was seeing Red/blood.. The guy was no where to be found.. I turned the machine back on and finished.. Cops came, and said someone made a complaint.. It wasn’t 10pm and we were well within our time to still clean..

I’m a lover not a fighter, but don’t turn off my machine.. My mom said he ran away when I entered the exit door.. The guy even closed my sliding door almost all the way.. We had 15mins left and we would have been done..

It was in a area that is known for having cry baby people.. Anyhow, I keep a spare key for the slide-in in my cup holder just in case..

Back
Top Bottom