throttle control

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
My RPM's are bouncing too much.

Since I had a little PTO issue (on top of pto 90 degree fitting broke off) my rpms are all over the place.

Used to be, I would set it at 15.5 or 16 and it would stay there and not budge. Whether under load or not. Now, set it 15.5 and come back 5 mins later it is at 16.5 and climbing. Or put under load and drops 100 rpms.

What should be done to fix, just replace it (not that I know how to do it!)

Bryan

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
If I were you I would call Vlad at aerotech before continuing to use my truck in fear of possible permanant damage. Aerotech phone number is 801-292-0493 and ask for vlad or ted both good guys and easy to talk to. They will go out of their way to help you get it resolved.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Year and model of machine....?

do you use the cable to set RPM's or is it the knob on the panel...?

how did the 90 break off...?

What happen when it broke ...Did it pump fluid everywhere....?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Vlad said that may need to replace, so I was just looking for opinions. His is very smart and Ted is good too. I had never worked on a truck before I bought this one so there are very helpful guys here too and smart.

Jim Martin said:
Year and model of machine....?

2006 UCS600 AT

do you use the cable to set RPM's or is it the knob on the panel...?

knob

how did the 90 break off...?

The 90 broke off while I was trying to take the hose from trans to the pto to check the filter for a possible block because the machine would not turn on and it was at the end of my checklist. Ted had said that the filter could be clogged. While trying to take the hose off, the 90 broke off in the PTO :roll: in the customer driveway. It sucks when that happens just for the record.

What happen when it broke ...Did it pump fluid everywhere....?

The truck was off when it happened so no. It did not pump out when I drove to a machine shop (John's Custom/Heat Exchanger) to help me get it out. He got it out 2 hours later.

I am not sure how the throttle works or works from so I thought maybe something got hit or something while we were getting the broke off piece out of the pto.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
with out turning the knob on the panel can you turn your machine on and let it idle and then use the knob in the cab of the truck and run your truck and machine up to what ever RPMS you clean at....

I have the old style cable....( you should ask Ted it you can change yours over )...I was wondering if I broke it if I could by pass it with my RPM knob in the cab so I tried it and it worked...

If you can do this with yours see if the RPMS still jump around...I am not sure how ( or why ) they configured this little knob on the panels....

100_3417-1.jpg

this is the old style...

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Mine is the pull type and vlad told me it would be better to change to the push type. Could you take a picture so i can see your setup, so i could possibly fabricate me a braket so i may change mine out to the push type?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
IMG_4013.jpg

IMG_4014.jpg

IMG_4015.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4017.jpg

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_4019.jpg

The cable bracket and how it is attached to the tank I rigged up because there was no set way of doing this when I replaced the tank...It is pretty much the same set up at the square tank just mounted and secured different...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom