TI Wand question

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I am using a ti wand that I borrowed from another cleaner for a big job and he is selling it too. It seems heavy. I think the tube is stainless. Did they make a ti wand that was not all Titanium that was cheaper.
I have never cleaned with a ti and only looked at them and wished I had one.

Thank You

Supersucker

He's asking if the Ti wand came in stainless

And the answer is no.

As for cheaper, I bought mine off Joe Domin when he stopped by one of our local distributors in that big straight truck they have all the units in. That was not long after they started selling the TI wands, though, and right before a rather sizeable price increase.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it is my understanding that they did make some with the tube out of stainless...It has been a few years sense I have been in my local Interlink but I remember seeing one there....made it cheaper and raised the price..........and it is much heaver..........

Mikey P

Administrator
Actually there are some Titanium wands out there with steel tubes and Ti heads.

They had issues with them coming apart so don't.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
It's about 10lbs. I guess after 9000 sf of cleaning everything seems heavy. I use a pc quad all day so this was nice to have today.

Greenie

At 10 lbs, it's not any lighter than your Quad jet. Put them both on a scale.

I assume it has a glide, same as your quad?

With a glide and some checks, a "regular" Ti wand is about 10 lbss, are you sure it has the SS tube?

A Greenhorn only weighs about 10.5

I've never seen a Ti wand head WELDED to a SS tube, always just three little screws.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
no screws at all. All welded. Damm my quad is a boat anchor. Put them side by side, the ti is huge and is so much lighter.

So what would be a good deal for this with a real gg hole glide on it?

Name
Jesse
I've got 2 ti's and one of them has a very thin stainless tube, no screws. The end where you hook up the hose gets bent slightly when dropped or closed in a door. The heads and jet manifolds are identical but the tubes have a slightly different bend, they are the same length.

Greenie

Hmm......sounds like Prochem found a market for all the Bi-Ti wands they took back.

Does Your SS one look like they cut off 2" of the bottom of the tube, and stuck it back in the head, and had it welded?

ie: is it 2" shorter?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom