Ticked off

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
We clean a church with a daycare everday for the last year.janitorial. they wanted a price on carpet cleaning. I went ten cents a sq foot. Total was 2400 bucks. So they called and asked if we could clean earlier cause the carpets were gonna be wet. I said excuse me? Yup they got someone else to do it. Where's the loyalty. The contract I have with them clearly states they must use us for c arpet cleaning and if don't will be billed anyways. I went in there took them their key and said we quit. the other company was in their cleaning. I then handed them a 2400 buck bill explained then gave them my lawyers legal piece of paper he typed up.let's just say......they called their lawyer and he called me with a settlement offer. People piss me off

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Never have cleaned their carpets. The other company their had a portable. Then asked me if I was hiring lol. He was the owner

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
joeynbgky said:
$250 a service and its $5,000 a month. Its a huge building

So you dumped a 250 PER DAY gig, because someone was obviously unaware of the clause that they must use you for carpet cleaning.

You just took a 6,000 per year hit because you lost a 10ct a foot carpet job???

Smooth move exlax.

A lot of whining lately here.

1jHMc8

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Lol. I really didn't care what the clause said... they knew we did it and always asked questions about it. I'm pissed because they could have asked me to match current price and such.. janitorial bites ass.........I hate it. Money or not..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You should have offered to do a demo before they let the porty guy in the door. You were selling better value for the dollar, you just didn't show them. You also took it way too personal, you should have never given up the janitorial gig unless you were just tired of it.

If the porty guy keeps taking your work, and you keep giving away the rest, you'll be the one asking him for a job.

STOP doing that shit! Be angry but don't throw in the towel, don't show that you're upset but fight for the work. Show them, tell them why you're the obvious choice. Holding someone hostage over a carpet cleaning contract is BS. If they don't want you, they don't want you. You burned a good customer who isn't ever going to give you a good referral and most likely trash talk you to other property managers.

Is there anyway you repair the situation or have you burned bridges?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Lee..........omg
To be honest I hated doing it..sometimes I had a girl doing it. A lot of times I did it myself everynight for 4 hours. Once they called and complained.. they said....u forgot to wash a glass or they found a fingerprint on a back window. They were way to picky I busted my butt...now I think about it........I'm free

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
John

Mytee says it's taking you close to a month to get your van ready to use the ETM..?

Is this true?

You should have told them (if you didn't') that it was going to take that long before you could use the unit..

whats your side of the story?

Name
Lee Stockwell
The numbers and claims don't add up.

I always had TWO people working together on janitorial accounts, for several reasons.

If they had complaints about things that legitimately DIDN'T get done...fix it ASAP with a smile.

Newsflash: most people do work that they don't "like" to do for other important reasons.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
joeynbgky said:
Lee..........omg
To be honest I hated doing it..sometimes I had a girl doing it. A lot of times I did it myself everynight for 4 hours. Once they called and complained.. they said....u forgot to wash a glass or they found a fingerprint on a back window. They were way to picky I busted my butt...now I think about it........I'm free

I understand your decision to walk, but there are ways to do it, and there are ways to not do it.

Protecting your business reputation and business contacts should be foremost.

The bigger the building, the bigger the account, the more "Yentas" will be yapping about everything the next day, and I am sure that you throwing a tantrum, and siccing your lawyer on them, will be at the top of their list, not to mention this account was a combination of two of the most active places for "Yenta" activity..........a church and a Daycare..... :roll:

S

sam miller

Goomer said:
joeynbgky said:
Lee..........omg

I understand your decision to walk, but there are ways to do it, and there are ways to not do it.

Protecting your business reputation and business contacts should be foremost.

The bigger the building, the bigger the account, the more "Yentas" will be yapping about everything the next day, and I am sure that you throwing a tantrum, and siccing your lawyer on them, will be at the top of their list, not to mention this account was a combination of two of the most active places for "Yenta" activity..........a church and a Daycare..... :roll:

Thats what I was thinking. Unless they're so Christlike the payed and prayed for You!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Mikey P said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":240zwi85]It's Joey.

Daniel's cousin.

We love 'em both.

lol, I honestly would never know if they were to switch profiles..[/quote:240zwi85]

That was funny shit Lee....

I would know though....

granted Joey gets a little excited..but thats ok.....

some days the shit that comes out of dannys mouf.. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

2 things....

5k a month....at 4 hrs a day....i dont care who you are.................ouch....and as Lee stated....workers...

on the flip side....if your done your done, doesnt matter how much there is......granted it could have been handled a little better to save some face.....but, we all do things in the heat of the moment....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i am still laughing about that comparison

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thanks for the comparison. I was just venting. Lol theres a difference between us. Trust me

And more than just me having a bigger package

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
bahahahah

yes i know....

hence is why i said i would know....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
smart ass
hey Marty, blow me hey Marty, blow me hey Marty, blow me hey Marty, blow me hey Marty, blow me hey Marty, blow me

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Janitorial as an add on business SUCKS!!!!!!!! If you are going to do janitorial, you need to be all in and have enough folks to do it. It gets old FAST if you are doing it yourself. And you can make a building shine and miss one freaking wastebasket, and you suck and they want it emptied NOW! One of the most freeing days of my life is the day I was able to walk away from a $50,000 per year janitorial account. It sucked cleaning toilets for 4 hours 6 nights per week after cleaning carpets all day.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Hire mature women.

I hired them away from other businesses after seeing their work and attitude. They know how to get things done. Pay them well and give them clear directions and RESPECT. One lady stayed with us for over 13 years. Kids don't do that.

The account: Find out what their "markers" are, and make sure to stay on top of them. Solicit complaints. You could be busting your back on the things they never notice, and have them go ballistic over dust bunnies around the computer cables (that YOU never noticed).

Janitorial saved our business in the very early years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom