Ticking issues for Martys.

Mikey P

Administrator
* Not Darcie'd yet...

Fire Retardant or “Ticking” Issues

Many modern down/feather filled upholstered pieces were treated internally with a flame retardant on the ticking (the cloth bag that surrounds the inner cushion material) that can create serious staining or color change with the upholstered fabric, especially if exposed to moisture.

Humidity, damp clothes or pets, spot cleaning or professional cleaning, can all cause discoloration or random staining on cotton and linen fabrics. There have been no tracked or consistent patterns in how or when the discoloration occurs and in many cases, correction is impossible. In fact there are some instances of the staining occurring when no moisture was ever present and only age and poor chemistry can be blamed.

The good news is, the Federal Trade Commission has recently mandated the end of the application of these problematic retardants in the US. In the meantime be very careful when purchasing or cleaning down filled, natural fabric upholstery.

cLn7HI7ijlgHcYr3oJMqurXyYPWOwjo4k3Wd2Dr_rbWsF1Ti3GmuHm_Ly_qEIJ574w5YwKzxK-J7VWxpjCosrml6x1Dmu_5Pjc2C8QO2DoUERt00DNgW6uSncXXiqNh6_AUyiNqv

Reactions: Joseph225
F

FB7777

To me, Your posts are always read in Down’s speak Ron

Unlike me, I know exactly what to expect meeting you in person

No thanks...

F

FB7777

It’s clever responses like that have drawn me to this conclusion....

I know, I know...

You too

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom