Tile and grout, 1st time

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Cleaned some kitchen T&G, didn't get pics unfortunately.
The tile wasn't the problem, it was the grout. I used Attack and O2, mixed strong, used a grout brush to scrub but they were still quite black or partially black.
Is this just a case of grout that needs to be colour sealed or is there a product that would clean them?

TimP

After that you got to use acid Ron. Acid is for grout restoration. But not to be used if the actual tile bubbles when exposed to the acid.

RickL

I'd bet there is something on the floor that impregnated into the grout, wax, mop and glow, etc. Acid won't help much. Strippers Barebones,Johnson Fastrip etc and even then you have to set expectations that it's going to be spotty.
I run in to this all the time at commercial accounts that have a maint crew that does VCT they wax everything.

TimP

RickL said:
I'd bet there is something on the floor that impregnated into the grout, wax, mop and glow, etc. Acid won't help much. Strippers Barebones,Johnson Fastrip etc and even then you have to set expectations that it's going to be spotty.
I run in to this all the time at commercial accounts that have a maint crew that does VCT they wax everything.

The way you'd know if this was true if acid doesn't bubble on the grout.

tim

Next time use floor stripper. Test the grout with a little stripper and acid in 2 bad areas. See which one attacks the soil best. If neither do, color seal

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom