tile and grout cleaning?

KOOSER55

Ive decided Im going to by the Hydramaster 470 to put in my van. I want to learn about tile and grout cleaning Ive seen some of the equipment in the brochures from suppliers. Does anyone know of any videos I could watch to get a good idea of how to it? I hear its fairly easy

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mike;

The original TurboForce CD on grout cleaning has a lot of good photos and information.

I can get you a copy, if you can't find it locally.

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
It can be as easy as cleaning carpet and it can be nightmare. Lots of things to go wrong that you can't hide by pushing the pile in the other direction.

Hidden topical sealers that rear their ugly heads as you proceed to cause them to peal.

Cracks and loose grout hidden under dirt that she is convinced YOU caused!

Learning the hard way that stone can't take the same PSI that a porcelain can.

"That grout was not all white and blotchy BEFORE you sealed it!!!!"

"Why are my base boards bulging out like that now?"

Finding out that the last owner color sealed the grout....woops!

The joy of the next day call back to come and look at her Sugar Frosted Terracottas..

A hour long video will only set you up to fail..

Spend LOTS of time on www.dirtygrout.com and our hard surface room here, do some ride alongs, take the IICRC class and first of all spend lots of time in tile stores learning to identify everything.

TimP

Tile cleaning can be very easy to do however Mikey has raised some very good points. Fortunately you can come to BB's to get information on how to handle and fix problems that arise. A good thing to do is get educated so take a class read up and ask as many questions as you feel you need. That max 470 is a pretty good machine from what I've heard and read about them. I'm considering getting a back up TM if I get out of water damage and it is definitely one that is on the list of acceptable machines, of course I will buy it used.

Tile Nerd

Feel free to call me and I'll tell you everything I know. It shouldn't take that long. I just PM'ed you my mobile #.

Greg Loe

Just starting? Stay with ceramic and porcelain. Test grout for sealers. Use disclaimer with customer signature for existing damage and stains. Also explain that there could be spots of weak or shallow grout that will not show up till cleaned.

Good luck

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We sell a training package for tile and grout cleaning. It includes DVD to watch on your computer. This shows actual job photos along with the instruction Then questions to be sure you understood all the points. There is also a written workbook . manual and information on marketing and sample marketing pieces.

The trainer is Chris Avendano. Called the Accelerated Tile & Grout Cleaning Module. Normal price is $230. Email me. I know someone who knows someone. I can get you a deal.

Guaranteed to be better than the Checkmate tile and grout training.

Scott Warrington

Greenie

ROFLMAO

TimP

Don't be hatin on the Checkmate Vids......they are definitely the benchmark in our industry for "hacks are us school of tell the customer what they want to hear and then take them to the cleaners"

I personally find them quite educational and powerful source of knowledge. I base all my dealings on what I've learned from ole' George.

Mikey P

Administrator
Greenie said:

ROFLMAO

Scott may have to eat those words .

I hear the Hanks are penning up a exclusive contract with George as wee speak.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Taf over at Magic wand has one for $99. Not very entertaining, but it has some good info. on how to stay out of trouble and make some money. Stuff like identifying and testing the tile and correcting problems, and you can spend a few days at the Dirtygrout BB, and learn a ton.

It's a great add on, pretty easy to do too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom