Tile Cleaning help!

Tornado

I have been working on a big tile and grout job and it is my first one that I have ever done. The product that I have been using is Anvil sold by Jon-Don Ph 13.5-14 it cut the grease and crud really good on the ceramic tile floor in the dinning room of the place that I have been working dirthowever it really did not cut the dirt all that well in the lobby of the place I was working infact I saw little to no diffrence. However I did get allot of off the floor, but no big visible differance and now I have like black streaks on the tile in some areas. I don't know what those are I think because this floor has not been done in over 10-15 years that it could just be really ground in dirt or damage to the tile. I was thinking about trying Prochem tile cleaner because I want to give it a try any how or somthing like it. If that does not work I guess I will have to take a floor buffer with a nylon pad and a ph neutral product or even somthing stronger and try to remove the dirt and abrasions that way. If any one is in the Cleveland, Ohio area and wants to take a look and give an oppinion I would gladley welcome it and if you wanted to come out and take a look with me I'll give you a few bucks for your time I have some ideas of my own, but if any one in Cleveland, Ohio wants to see and make a couple quick bucks let me know I am looking for someone who is experianced and has been cleaning tile for along time. Email me at mike2633@sbcglobal.net or call 440-539-4147. If any one is interested. I'll also check Mikeys Board to see what you guys think. I think its just dirt that is ground in or a manufacturers defect in the tile I am leaning twards dirt ground in Anvil is just a natural citrus degreaser and crud cutter it should not really hurt ceramic tile. Any how I am looking at doing this job twice now to satisfy the customer and try and get paid without having to cut the price. The grout lines have some issues to but I know how to clean them and those food particles will come out with with some Anvil and hot water. The one thing I am going to do is test two inconspicuous area with Viper Renewal I tryed it today at my parents house my mom has been complaining about the grout in the bathroom for about 15 years she has been trying to get it clean its 15 years of crud on there and I put a little viper renewal in a bottle mixed it 1:1 and that is one hell of a product those grout lines looked like brand new partially because they are because we took of the top layer of dirty grout. Any how if worst comes to worst I'll end up scrubbing out all the grout lines with an acidic grout line product it might take a couple trips but I have to do it. Wish I would have quoted them more oh well live and learn school of hard knocks. Any how its not the grout either anvil and hot water or Viper Renewal if it comes to that because even though I have gone over the floor once I still don't know what the original color of the grout is and neither do they so will see. How do you attach pictures on this site if some one could tell me I'll post some pictures

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom