Tile cleaning residential

NGC

Im looking to add tile and grout to my carpet cleaning. I have a 175 17" with solution tank. I'll be getting a med grit showerfed brush for it. Can someone explain the process using this machine. Also we are a green cleaning company can someone reccomend a natural product to use? I have heard of biowash before, is that a good choice? My only experience cleaning tile is by hand with brushes and very harsh chemicals. Thanks in advance.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Here is how you clean tile and grout:

You mop (or spray if you are a hack) a mix of Magic Wands Oxyblaster onto the floor. You let it sit on the floor for a couple minutes while you get your TM or (gasp) portable set up.

Then you rinse the floor with your spinner tool and edging wand.

You leave that stupid 175 in the truck on 90% of the jobs.

Mikey P

Administrator
A $4.99 grout brush from home depot goes a long way towards making a difference between you and Stanley Steamer who will undercut you by a whole lot more than $4.99.

Learn real quick how to identify mopNglow and other topical residues.
and learn even faster what calcium based stones look like.
acid cleaner- you best friend and your worse enemy all packaged up in one bottle.
A Studebaker air path is almost mandatory if you plan on sealing those floors you worked so hard to clean

Don't get in over your head, pay close attention to loose tiles, chipped tiles,cracked grout, swollen baseboards and all sorts of other issues the home owner will just now notice for the first time ..

hogjowl

Idiot™
Oh, I THINK I see the disconnect. I assume you are referring to sealing the whole floor, like may be it's a natural stone floor?

I was thinking of sealing grount line and using a solvent sealer. So, I have never worried about if it was dry or not. I hardly ever see a floor that required fully sealing it.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
my advice would be to buy Shorebest 2790, scrub the groutlines with a standing scrubber and rinse with your TM/Turbo at 800 PSI...forget the green clean thing as well, there's no "green cleaning" in t/g.....sorr :shock: y

S

sam miller

I was under the impression grouts porous and seals better dry?? so the air path would help if the grout line's were dry or does a solvent sealer work well on wet grout ?

And God I hate Mop and fricken glow what a biatch!

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Mop & Glo sucks! Stone or grout does seal up much better if dry, never seal wet grout or stone with solvent based sealer wet, only water based if it's still damp, still better if completely dry if you want it done correct, enzall works great for tile & grout, boost with citrus if hammered, scrub it all out and rinse with hydroforce turbo ( spinner tool ) we do use multiple air movers to dry then properly seal.
Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom