Tile wand- WestPak- With blue plastic?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I got the Westpak tile wand
This one:

:
b_150221808410-1542.jpg

It comes with a choice of brush head like the picture and one that has a blue plastic instead of the brush. The sale person said that both are good for tile. The brush head is designed so that if you want to scrub the egrout with it (I'll use a CRB), but it has less water recovery.

The other, with the blue plastic, no scrubbing but better water recovery.

Is that correct? Or should I get the brush head, or both?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have both on my gecko tool. I prefer the brush as the squeegee one either locks to the floor or doesn't pick up anything. This is what happened to the squeegee one after its 4th use.
IMG_20180123_104629.jpg
IMG_20180123_104624.jpg

Reactions: ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Matt. do you have the WestPak?
Because the blue one has an opening vertical slot at the back side (it does not close a full circle). So I don't see how it could lock.
And Ron, yours look very different than the blue rubber. Is that am older WestPak model? Mine connects differently.

Ron!
Are these ex-white shoes yours? :winky:

The very reason I only wear dark shoes. My new white ones of past stayed that color only the first trip to the van.

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Does the spray bar STILL block the vac opening on that Gecko tool?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
IMG_20180126_071735.jpg
IMG_20180126_071735.jpg
Mine is the Hydroforce gekko. New model. No Jimmy, they have changed the spray manifold so it doesn't block the vac chamber. I know the first one was a piece of crap. They changed the quick connects as well, making it simpler to change heads. White shoes are always a mistake. Breaking in some darker ones but no matter what, shoes last me 4-6 months at most.

Attachments

• IMG_20180126_071705.jpg
    IMG_20180126_071705.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 297
Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt. do you have the WestPak?
Because the blue one has an opening vertical slot at the back side (it does not close a full circle). So I don't see how it could lock.
And Ron, yours look very different than the blue rubber. Is that am older WestPak model? Mine connects differently.

Ron!
Are these ex-white shoes yours? :winky:

The very reason I only wear dark shoes. My new white ones of past stayed that color only the first trip to the van.
Yes, it's the same as yours. It doesn't lock up as bad as a cheap, red rubber squeegee, but it adds more work to pushing and pulling it vs using the brush.

Reactions: ruff

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
A 12" would be nice, because it can still be a little bit of a nuisance trying to pivot in between a toilet and a wall. I don't know if it's because of the head being 14" or if it's because the neck of the wand at the swivel is longer than normal. It's still allot better than one without a swivel. I don't feel it's enough to complain about. Other than that, this tool does the job right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom