Tile with Devestator

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
at MF this week I saw a few people using Devestator’s to clean tile. It worked fine but we were at 600 psi. Is that the max you should max out when doing tile with a Devestator? We currently use Ghecko’s and Rotary tools but both have “enclosed” jets. My concern with using the Devestator at higher PSI did that it would “splash” everywhere as the jets are exposed.

Mikey P

Administrator
The higher you go the more splashing/ mess youll create.

Go too high and you can streak soft stone and grout. I'd say 900 max

A glided wand works excellent on lightly soiled TnG and vinyl. 300 to 400 is plenty in LVP as you saw on the 3rd floor of East

Reactions: CJ-FL

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Loved usinng the tile wand on lvp, @Mikey P ,work great with my portable, no problem. It was quick but i definitely wanna try the 1.5 devastator..

Reactions: SamIam

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Also, im gonna weld the guard plate on my stair wand like yours...i definitely see why you had your done like that..

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
The higher you go the more splashing/ mess youll create.

Go too high and you can streak soft stone and grout. I'd say 900 max

A glided wand works excellent on lightly soiled TnG and vinyl. 300 to 400 is plenty in LVP as you saw on the 3rd floor

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
If going to use the wand to rinse, just be careful as has been mentioned to make sure the glide is smooth and no grain of sand stuck in it...

When we were cleaning in the couple of small areas with the wand, we of course put down our prespray, scrubbed, and rinsed...

But we were also around that 500 - 600 psi at the time and relied on the scrubbing vs pressure to do more of the cleaning work...

which again, plays a roll in a number of soiled cleaning situations.

(But again CJ...it was so great to meet you in person!)

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas

Never ever will I touch a glided wand to vinyl tile again.
Did that one day on a commercial entry hallway that I wasn't even contracted or paid to clean.
I was just finishing the carpet job and said I will just be nice and clean this while I am there.
Did not notice the tiny shard of of stone in the glide and though it cleaned real well did not notice the hundreds of tiny scratched till it dried..

Note to self: Don't be lazy and walk out to the truck and get the proper tool with brushes or squeegee blades.

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
Never ever will I touch a glided wand to vinyl tile again.
Did that one day on a commercial entry hallway that I wasn't even contracted or paid to clean.
I was just finishing the carpet job and said I will just be nice and clean this while I am there.
Did not notice the tiny shard of of stone in the glide and though it cleaned real well did not notice the hundreds of tiny scratched till it dried..

Note to self: Don't be lazy and walk out to the truck and get the proper tool with brushes or squeegee blades.
Thanks for the heads up. Maybe we can get @TConway to make a brush/squeegee attachment to pop in place of the glide.

Reactions: Mikey P and SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom