Tim Magaw bought a Dwell Pro portable?

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
The hide-a-hose kills the heat and suction and being 1.5" doesn't help.....

Hide-A-Hose makes machine act like single 3 stage vac.
Dwell1 very good sucking power with out hiding your hose. Dual 3 stage vac under there with a tight tank.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 187

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Nope, I did not buy one, but when my blower crapped out on my Boxxer 427 last fall, my Awesome repair shop (Superior Cleaning Solutions) let me use that to get my work done. John wanted to make sure I was still able to bring in money while we had to wait for the blower. I do not know of any other shops that would do that. The Dwell Pro worked and I was able to get most of my stuff done.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
No I did not. The machine I had, had the hide a hose and it would have been a real PITA to hook up my rotovac to it because of the hose. It did not have a 2 inch vac hose so I could not hook up a regular hose of mine to it.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'm running the RV XL quite a bit with the Dwell. I use 2 inch hose. Two sections of 25 feet. When I can, I take a section out to have only 25-30 feet.

I usually set it to 160-180psi and run the RV XL followed by quick dry stroke only with a small porty wand.
(I don't use the Greenhorn with the Dwell).

I would like to upgrade the vac motors to the newer ones....

Edit: 90% of the time we drop blowers as we clean, so it helps with immediately starting the drying..

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Willy P

Name
Willy P
You'd really have to tone down the jetting and do no more than 20 or 25 feet of vac hose and wand afterwards. Not many portys have the suck for a RE.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Amps Zee- you got that kick ass Cat pump, but it sucks a lot of amps. The 8.4's (I think) draw 11 amps each.3 corder. I'm a master of many cords though......

Reactions: SCC

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
If you needed a portable on a regular basis, would you buy the DP1 or a standard box design?
If I needed a portable on a regular basis I would probably shoot myself. There is a learning curve and I have only used a truckmount and carry my own water and there are many of my jobs that have no water to hook up to. Nothing against the porty users on here, it actually taught me to respect them more because of what they do every day.

Name
Lee Stockwell
If I needed a portable on a regular basis I would probably shoot myself. There is a learning curve and I have only used a truckmount and carry my own water and there are many of my jobs that have no water to hook up to. Nothing against the porty users on here, it actually taught me to respect them more because of what they do every day.
Well said.

Reactions: TimM

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom