Time for a new 175

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
What is everybody using and like using it. What is everyone using pads or shampoo brush.If possible, I would like to buy everything from one suppler. If not let me know the best components and were to purchase. Any mikey's board suppliers can pm a price. 17 inch

Farenheit251

I had an Advance Matador(the Cadilac of floor machines for 12 years). They don't make them anymore and thinking they were all the same I bought a 17" Sterling for $550. What a piece of crap. One nut and bolt hold the handles to the pole and transfer the torque. Be leary of cheap crap for a machine that'll last 15 years an extra $500 is money well spent.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have a HAWK and also an old Noble. The Hawk is supposed to be a good well made machine and I like it, however, I find the Noble to be easier to work with. Both are good quality durable machines though. Dependability, not price would be my main concern, it's worth the extra $$ if indeed it is more dependable- it's the same for all the equipment that us, sweaty carpet cleaners, use.
I like the machines whose motor works on less amperage as it reduces the chance of jumping the circuit breakers. Also do you need only 175 or will you benefit from a 175/300 machine?
Good luck
Ofer

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
The caddllac is the ServiceMaster roto, but unless you are a franchise, they aren't easy to come by. Also Clarke makes a great one. I had a matador, I thought it was junk. I owned 6 different 175's up until about 2 years ago, but I finally got rid of them all. The Clarke and the SM were the nuts.

steve r

koblenz, i have a 20 in. but can remove the hood or whatever its called and put on a 17 in. or smaller pad driver.it can also be used to hone marble ive been told.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i just bought a new Pullman holt for $630 was Origionally $1200 i know the manager at a place i get alot of stuff from so i got it at cost. it is an 18 inch machine 1.5 hp. smooth on everything. i use it for carpet and vct. i do alot of both so i just use a bonnet or a tan pad for carpet. and i have pads for doing scrubbs on vct also.

Rob Rocha

I have a powerflite 17" they periodically go on sale for around $400. What I like is the safety switch you have to use to start so you don't accidentally put a hole in a wall or an HDTV. You do have to put something like packaging tape around the black bumper or you'll leave marks on the baseboard.
As far as pads I like Clarks at Orbitech cottons. Powerflites pads fall apart to easily. I hear John w/ccsop has some good ones if you want some synthetics Ive used Hesco's thin style pad make sure to get the thin one they ride smooth and last a long time. I know Clark is coming out with a half cotton and half microfiber, that I'd like to try.
I would like to hear from guys who sell pads,and post here to tell us about the benefits of there pads.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Clarke is the only rotary that can rival a Hild for longevity, but you could buy several disposable rotaries for the price of a Clarke, so the best machine for you might be one you can abuse and abandon.

How about establishing the best at certain price points?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom