Time to buy some new pump ups...

2 gal DB Smith Pro $30 at Lowes I have two and a half. one has a destroyed wand, insane customer slammed the door on it and broke it. I ended up unscrewing the hose to gut get the bottle and pump free.This person was extremely violent. The landlord sent me to clean her apartment. It was foul. Smelled of cigarettes very badly. She didn't want to let me in. Landlord came and she let us in, but not without a fight. He paid me and left as I was packing up. As soon as the landlord was gone, she started throwing my things in the hallway. It was a bad scene. The landlord never returned my call. I figure the pump is for parts now. Either the landlord or his crack head tenant owes me $30.
RL Flomaster 3 gallon. This is the heavy one with a brass wand. The brass wand gets damaged in transit. It is policy to remove the wand, secure it in a PVC tube. I like these pump ups. Last night, tech broke handle while doing commercial job, need a new pump. Not sure it is worth fixing this one either. Where ever that one goes, a 2 gal version also goes. 3 gallons of pre-spray and 2 gallons of TLC. My nephew was switching pumps between bottles. A new 2 gallon is about $45, the 3 gallon is about $55. I'm mad at my nephew, but I will get over it.
I need to buy some 2 and 3 gallon pump ups. I'm thinking get a 2 gallon RL Flomaster and use it for parts to fix the 3. I like the $30 Smiths too. Never had a problem other than this insane customer abuse.

What is your favorite pump up sprayer? Ideally, I could use one that creates a fine mist like a 1 quart spray bottle can. I have to disinfect a doggie day care. This one is a trip, twice a week clean and sanitize the floor and lower walls and indoor play area. The floor and walls are concrete and painted "pine" on the floor and "golden road" on the walls with this. So the dogs think they are on green grass outside. I don't know a dog this dumb. After cleaning, they insist on the floor being sanitized. Can't use a fogger and injury the "boarders". So if you know a pump up that mists, thank you!

J

JS41035

Steve smith has a link on his vac away website to make a Pepsi sprayer. They are nifty. I personally hate all pump ups. I bought the 200 dollar stainless one at interlink. Better but still a pump up. But stainless with brass wands will look more professional.

Reactions: J Scott W

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I used to use only Pepsi sprayers, have kept a 20lbs Co2 tank with regulator in the van to pressurize them. It is pretty cool, because that same co2 tank can run air tools in emergency's.
I kept a 500lb Impact wrench on the truck, and could change an 8 lug tire in the blink of an eye. nothing more nerve racking than changing a tire on a busy road!!

Now I just use modified battery sprayers with 18v Ryobi battery packs. Twice the run time (8 AH) and the higher voltage makes the pump work at a little higher volume, and once the battery is dead it just stops, so it doesnt burn out the pump. And you just click in a fresh battery :)

Reactions: JS41035
J

JS41035

I used to use only Pepsi sprayers, have kept a 20lbs Co2 tank with regulator in the van to pressurize them. It is pretty cool, because that same co2 tank can run air tools in emergency's.
I kept a 500lb Impact wrench on the truck, and could change an 8 lug tire in the blink of an eye. nothing more nerve racking than changing a tire on a busy road!!

Now I just use modified battery sprayers with 18v Ryobi battery packs. Twice the run time (8 AH) and the higher voltage makes the pump work at a little higher volume, and once the battery is dead it just stops, so it doesnt burn out the pump. And you just click in a fresh battery :)

You outa post a pic of those sprayers. I love ryobi stuff

John Olson

Name
John Olson
With pump ups you get what you pay for. The AS202 has been a steady reliable sprayer. Every wear part is available so it will be the last sprayer you buy unless you put a hole in the container

Reactions: J Scott W

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Link please John. My favorite thing about the Pds tanks is the rubber boot. They don't fall over. Plus one shot from my compressor empties the tank.

Gene

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Justin,
Here are the 5gal sprayers modified to accept ryobi 18v battery's

adyvevuv.jpg

pusu8yje.jpg

Reactions: JS41035

Latest posts

Back