time to leave my job

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have worked at a rent to own company for while and did my cleaning for 3 years on days off nights ad when ever else. I am tired of the management , tired doing repos and tired of all the drama. I do get paid well however.The shift at rent a center is 50 hrs a week, I have a interview at walmart today hopefully I can get nightshft and pursue my cleaning more during the day. I am a bit scared because if I take this job I will be losing about 700 a month in take home and the cleaning business will have to cover all of its own over head plus pay me a personall income of about 3-4 hundred a month. I think for my business to succeed I need to step out of my comfort zone and see what happens . plus I will have more time to work carpet during the day if I work nights plus when I am slow I can have till maybe 2-3 in the afternoon to do sales activity. I just hate the freaking rent a center its a pos biz . do you guys think I am making the right move?

Name
I'm Rick James
Going out on your own is scary. I have 3 kids and it was tough for me to let go of that safety net of a reliable income. I am in business under a year. Not going to lie, I am not busy everyday, but doing better than that job I had. I understand what you are going through.

Ask yourself do you feel comforable with the business plan and marketing plan that you made for your business, if you have not made one then that should be the first things you do. Add structure to what you are doing, cuts down on wasted time and money.

If you feel good about your business and what you have built then dont waste you focus on energy on some meaningless low wage job. Set goals for you and your business and work hard on reaching them. Everyone here can help motivate you along the way and any other advice you may need.

Good luck buddy, the first step is always the hardest.

Brandon Culp

A possible option...take some vacation time/days off from the current job to "step out of the comfort zone" for that sales activity you mentioned. If you're able to make valuable use of that time converting sales, I think you'd have your answer.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Junior,

Keep your dead end job to make the bills, your are lucky to have a job. Do your marketing before, during, and after your day job. The work never stops.

Bust your balls! This adventure is not for the weak at heart.

Create your BUSINESS PLAN! Write it down. A failure to plan is a plan to fail!

Work your a$$ off selling, doing jobs, and groveling for referrals. When you do not have time to show up for your day job, you have a house to clean every night of the week and you make more money on Sunday than you do all freakin week at Rental-hell, your questions will be answered.

steve r

i was forced to quite my full time job after just more than a year.i landed several apartment complexes and the work had to be done during the day.i also landed a couple resteraunts that had to be done in the evenings.

i havent looked back since and couldnt imagine going back to work for someone else.

cbcsi

The reality is that job security is a fantasy. No job is secure. If you work 60 hours a week for yourself how can you not make a living.

OMG Walmart has less than 200 store managers even making 100K. How much sheet do you have to shovel to even get that job.

Work the job until you're so tired from doing carpets during the day that they fire you. Then with the unemployment cushion you have 6 months to get on your feet.

cbcsi

Go for it. Just keep working, making your living.
Of course, It can be scary, but as you go along the slow times are not as slow and they get farther apart.

Someone once asked James Earl Jones what the key to such great success and accomplishment was and he said 70% of it is just showing up.

A good work ethic will take you whereever you want to go. Entreprenurial spirit and good work ethic are also infectious. your kids wight well catch it.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Junior,

Keep your dead end job to make the bills, your are lucky to have a job. Do your marketing before, during, and after your day job. The work never stops.

Bust your balls! This adventure is not for the weak at heart.

Create your BUSINESS PLAN! Write it down. A failure to plan is a plan to fail!

Work your a$$ off selling, doing jobs, and groveling for referrals. When you do not have time to show up for your day job, you have a house to clean every night of the week and you make more money on Sunday than you do all freakin week at Rental-hell, your questions will be answered.

totally agree

if you have the passion to do the above then do it, if not then you better not quit the job because you aren't ready and don't really want it. Time to go look in the mirror and ask yourself some questions, do you really want to run a business or do you just want out of the Rent A Center job.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Simple sorta, secure night job, quit rent place, clean and promote biz during the day, when too busy turning away jobs during the day quit the night job. Cut down personal expense also helps. No offense but One other thing, if you can't increase your personal company during the day to cover your "lost" income of $700 then you should'nt be in the business. :wink:

randy

Name
Randy
Go take the class to get licenced in your state to work as an armed security guard. Work 4 nights per week and work the rest of the time establishing monthly commercial accounts or just quit and work like crazy. YOU WILL DO FINE either way Go for it !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom