Tips for furniture indentations

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Carpet replacement.

The problem is that the pad crushes and the carpet fibers are broken down and flattened.

Especially poly/olefinn carpet. The old nylon carpet with a resilant pad was able to be improved with a spoon.

But the cr@p they sell now can be hopeless. Some pad may pop up a little after a week or two.

Flattened carpet can not be made round again.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Put an ice cube in each indentation, and walk away.

The only solution, or improvement, that I know of.

Forget steam!

Gary Taylor

This worked for me one time.

1. Place damp towel over indentatation, and place iron on towell for about 10 seconds.
2. remove towel, and immediately put the end of the vacuum hose ove the top of the indentation.

Seemed to pull it right up.

Of course take all the precautions you normally would when using a steam iron.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I just did 2 rooms full of dents for a guy using wet towel and iron. Worked great.

Poly or nylon?.

The rx20 improves them somewhat but if it's crushed its most likely not comming back.

Albert

John Buxton

Buy a Jiffy steamer. Works great on indents, and rollmarks and the wife will love it for clothes.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Dave Yoakum said:
Carpet replacement.

The problem is that the pad crushes and the carpet fibers are broken down and flattened.

Especially poly/olefinn carpet. The old nylon carpet with a resilant pad was able to be improved with a spoon.

But the cr@p they sell now can be hopeless. Some pad may pop up a little after a week or two.

Flattened carpet can not be made round again.

Dave, I'm surprised you haven't tried the wall paper steamer that you use on red dye stains. The one I bought on EBay that you mentioned works great on indentations. Better and safer than a wet towel and steam iron. BTW, thats for the heads up. I was looking for one of those steamers for a while.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom