Tired of the tattoos...

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I've had the Cobb hose for about a year. I don't put a zillion hours on it but by now it had about 400 hours. I run a Butler Max heat. First a 1 foot Good Year type hose whip coming from the machine and usually the first 50' after a Good Year too. After that and always in the home- I run the Cobb hoses.

So far it has been good. Definitely runs much cooler. Does not retain shape, but I always roll in fairly large loops while the hose is still warm. It never goes on a reel or live.
The see through cover of cobb's hoses is a little rougher (it has a little of a grab) but so far it held well.

Yes I would buy again.
But then I don't cook my hoses as some Canadians tend to do :winky:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've had the Cobb hose for about a year. I don't put a zillion hours on it but by now it had about 400 hours. I run a Butler Max heat. First a 1 foot Good Year type hose whip coming from the machine and usually the first 50' after a Good Year too. After that and always in the home- I run the Cobb hoses.

So far it has been good. Definitely runs much cooler. Does not retain shape, but I always roll in fairly large loops while the hose is still warm. It never goes on a reel or live.
The see through cover of cobb's hoses is a little rougher (it has a little of a grab) but so far it held well.

Yes I would buy again.
That's why I always hand coil and hang my hoses.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The issues with Neptune are:
  • Heavier.
  • Less heat retention and if running hot leaving a mark on the carpet.
  • Black death. (When the inner rubber detaches and gets into the solution.)
  • No warning when they fail, like the pinhole leaks in Parkers (not sure if Cobb's gives that warning.)
  • Slightly harder to unroll (more directional).
If those are not issues of concern then you're golden. Keep cooking.

Last edited:

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
The issues with Neptune are:
  • Heavier.
  • Less heat retention and if running hot leaving a mark on the carpet.
  • Black death. (When the inner rubber detaches and gets into the solution.)
  • No warning when they fail, like the pinhole leaks in a Parkers (not sure if Cobb's gives that warning.)
  • Slightly harder to unroll (more directional).
If those are not issues of concern then you're golden. Keep cooking.
Good info. My last hose was a Parker. It got kinks and it ruptured. I thought I’d try the Neptune. It never left any blue marks but it will leave trails if you leave it to long. I like the flexibility and it doesn’t get kinks. Maybe I’m taking better care. Maybe. Anyway got about 800 hours on this hose. I may go ahead and change it.

Name
Jeff T

Yes I would buy again.
Ofer. I was 100% with you.....
UNTIL THE LAST PARAGRAPH.....
:madder::madder:

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I bought 100' for one truckmount, and 150' for the other. I am using a 220,000 BTU LP heater in each van.

Love it, but it does need 3 weeks of use to loosen it up so it is easy to reel up. Then it is pretty much kink free coming up on the reel.

Reactions: Trip Moses
Name
Jeff T
I will buy it again. I plan on hand rolling after I do a post cool down after each job... it has a different ‘feel’ to it, yes, it’s cooler to the touch, yes, you get higher temps ATW....
I don’t know about longevity yet, only time will tell...
A job today, I cleaned a bunch of uph, mid way through, I presprayed the hall and bedrooms.... NO TATTOOS....
This carpet welted the last time I cleaned it, and I didn’t do the uph first... 1FDD5C39-E2E0-40A1-A093-89B33B6EA786.png

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I will buy it again. I plan on hand rolling after I do a post cool down after each job... it has a different ‘feel’ to it, yes, it’s cooler to the touch, yes, you get higher temps ATW....
A job today, I cleaned a bunch of uph, mid way through, I presprayed the hall and bedrooms.... NO TATTOOS....
This carpet welted the last time I cleaned it, and I didn’t do the uph first...View attachment 90010
This carpet welted the last time I cleaned it, and I didn’t do the uph first...View attachment 90010
The types of carpets that commonly welt are polyester and olefin.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
My last hose was a Parker. It got kinks and it ruptured. I like the flexibility and it doesn’t get kinks.

Kinks???

over 25 years using Parker Parflex 1035HT and never kink'd a hose :headscratch:

never had a rupture either
The jacket blistered and pin sprays develop, but never a side split rupture like I've had with Ineptune

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom