Tired Sutorbuilt Blower?

NSCC

Can anyone tell me when a sutorbuilt blower goes bad will it lose vac first.....can it still run but at at lower vac rate?

thxs
RC

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
NSCC said:
Can anyone tell me when a sutorbuilt blower goes bad will it lose vac first.....can it still run but at at lower vac rate?

thxs
RC
they suck till they blow...you must have a hairball.....!

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
NSCC said:

thxs
RC

Yes. The high points on the lobes can wear down over time. As a result, internal clearance between the lobes becomes larger and airflow slippage becomes more.

BTW... This also causes a certain amount of the airflow to recirculate inside the blower and raises the blower temperature as a result.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
The amount of vacuum it loses will be so minor that you will never notice. If you took two identical machines and one had a worn blower you may notice it but over time never. I would look for tank seals, blocked filters, or a hairball in the hose somewhere.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
idreadnought said:
The amount of vacuum it loses will be so minor that you will never notice. If you took two identical machines and one had a worn blower you may notice it but over time never. I would look for tank seals, blocked filters, or a hairball in the hose somewhere.
what he sED!

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
I've got a Roots 36 that's about 8 years old now, that has very little suction, for the very reason I stated above.

I'll open it up tomorrow to see specifically what else may be "up", but I already know that that's the main problem...

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I've got a Sutorbilt 4M just like your #36.
Swapped it out of a used unit and the blower won't pull over 10-12" of vac and lacks some serious CFM's.
So yes the lobes can wear out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom