Titan 575

Name
Jeff T
Anyone own one? Are they any good? I have a chance to pick up a low hr. machine, and all that comes with it, for a song…

Am I buying a headache?

Name
Jeff T
Well, as it stands, ‘I’ll sell it to you cheap’, doesn’t really mean anything…

I told him to come up with a number.

He wants 12k for it, it’s got 3475 hrs, and it needs a new heat exchanger.

HARD PASS…

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Well, as it stands, ‘I’ll sell it to you cheap’, doesn’t really mean anything…

I told him to come up with a number.

He wants 12k for it, it’s got 3475 hrs, and it needs a new heat exchanger.

HARD PASS…

Kubotas have been very good to us. The only problems past 5000 hours we've had were some oil pump failures, and issues with the coil packs. If you do buy it, or anything else with that engine, make sure you have a Kubota service center that will work on the gas engines.

We are fortunate to have one in our area, and he takes good care of our customers whenever there are internal issues that we don't care to deal with.

If the machine needs a new heat exchanger, it begs the question as to why; perhaps a freeze once happened. That devalues the unit a great deal too.

I'd say 8-10k IF the cause of the heat exchanger loss wasn't a freeze.

Name
Jeff T
Kubotas have been very good to us. The only problems past 5000 hours we've had were some oil pump failures, and issues with the coil packs. If you do buy it, or anything else with that engine, make sure you have a Kubota service center that will work on the gas engines.

We are fortunate to have one in our area, and he takes good care of our customers whenever there are internal issues that we don't care to deal with.

If the machine needs a new heat exchanger, it begs the question as to why; perhaps a freeze once happened. That devalues the unit a great deal too.

I'd say 8-10k IF the cause of the heat exchanger loss wasn't a freeze.
Hi Jim. Thanks for the reply.

OK, IF it was frozen, what can one expect to replace/repair?

And, if it had freeze damage, what would be a fair price?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Hi Jim. Thanks for the reply.

OK, IF it was frozen, what can one expect to replace/repair?

And, if it had freeze damage, what would be a fair price?

Light freeze damage (a pressure gauge spun out, a cracked fitting, etc) is one thing. A "hard freeze" is quite another.

If a machine loses a heat exchanger, it has usually had a pretty severe freeze. This can be caused by expansion of water within the system, or if "slush" is present, then the unit is started, and the "slush" travels to a choke point (like a check valve), and creates excessive hydraulic pressure that burst everything before the check valve.

Once a unit has had a "hard freeze" or a "slush hydraulic" condition, there can be failures anywhere that delivers water for months, sometimes years to come. We've had units come in with leaks in brass fittings, hoses, and sensors that work within the water delivery system much later than the original freeze damage.

I wouldn't buy a freeze damaged unit due to the unpredictability of future costs.

A number?

The depreciated value of the machine, less the cost of heat exchanger(s), water pump, pressure regulator, sensors, pressure gauge, and hoses.

I know that sounds awful, but 50 years of owning/selling truck mounts has made me VERY gun shy of frozen machines.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We've had units come in with leaks in brass fittings, hoses, and sensors that work within the water delivery system much later than the original freeze damage.

Update:

A customer who first froze his machine in February is coming in for his third service appointment since that time to replace yet another failed part.

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
Light freeze damage (a pressure gauge spun out, a cracked fitting, etc) is one thing. A "hard freeze" is quite another.

If a machine loses a heat exchanger, it has usually had a pretty severe freeze. This can be caused by expansion of water within the system, or if "slush" is present, then the unit is started, and the "slush" travels to a choke point (like a check valve), and creates excessive hydraulic pressure that burst everything before the check valve.

Once a unit has had a "hard freeze" or a "slush hydraulic" condition, there can be failures anywhere that delivers water for months, sometimes years to come. We've had units come in with leaks in brass fittings, hoses, and sensors that work within the water delivery system much later than the original freeze damage.

I wouldn't buy a freeze damaged unit due to the unpredictability of future costs.

A number?

The depreciated value of the machine, less the cost of heat exchanger(s), water pump, pressure regulator, sensors, pressure gauge, and hoses.

I know that sounds awful, but 50 years of owning/selling truck mounts has made me VERY gun shy of frozen machines.
Plus the trouble shooting and repair labour time.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Laymen’s terms - I ruined my machine, and now want to dump the headache on someone else

"caveat emptor" is the one Latin phrase most of us understand, not from school, but from life.

The list of unpleasant surprises that cleaners have found after buying used units that were subsequently brought here for service include:

Freeze damage

Improper fuel hook ups

Bad installations

Best one: The water pump was missing....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom