Titanium mark on Marble

R

rug rat

Does anyone know what the best way there is to remove a mark on marble, Left by a titainium wand??
I heard a plumbing rubber would remove it...so I ordered one online tonight, and I did some testing tonight
to fine something that would work... I was able to remove about 99% of a mark off a porcelin tile....
with an eraser.
Any Other suggestions????

R

rug rat

Yes I do but never use it....Usually never need it. Ive used it 3 or 4 times in the past 5 years.

-JB-

Name
JB
I suspect honing, had the same issue many moons ago, never was able to remove it.

R

rug rat

I thought I was...I even padded all the hardwood floors like always. I didnt even think the wand touched the marble'
but when i got down on my knees to wipe the water up I noticed a couple of tiny little marks. Its strange how easy
titanium transfers to other surfaces...

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
This might be a dumb suggestion, but how about some Meguires wax? It might work the same as the toothpaste, just wouldn't taste as good.

Use your stinkin' glide Brian.

R

rug rat

Hey is that Mr Carpet Geek himself???? You know I did some testing with my glide on commercial carpet and it seemed to leave the carpet wetter!!!!
So the only time i use it is if the chatter wont stop

R

rug rat

Noooo way...Just a barley noticable line like a pencil mark....you have to bend down to see it.....
I just figured that with all the titanium wand out there someone must know an easy way to erase
a titanium mark off porcilin or marble.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
What Lee said.

You can try the barkeepers with the pencil erasor as well. This is the way to take out tool marks on a porcelain sink. I'm not sure if you'll etch / dull the marble though so I would have some marble polishing compound on hand.

Albert

-JB-

Name
JB
Barkeeper's friend and microfiber.

2127781972pb.jpg

I predict it will not work.

R

rug rat

sweendogg said:
Where you running an acid rinse???
No...I had a rinse that was slightly alkaline....about 8.5....This partiular carpet was almost white and they had some pretty dark traffic lanes in it,
so I choose a rinse that had a little cleaning punch to it...then I carefully misted the carpet with fab set, groomed it and got some air movers
going.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom