TM Cooler Blower......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Just ordered an axial fan, 4 inch, 235cfm blower to try to keep the genesis belts a little cooler this year. I was going to try and rig a fan from a car, but most were big and bulky. This unit is only 4 inches wide, and about a foot long. 12 volt, low draw. About $33.

I'll let ya know how it works.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Sapphire used a small belt driven drum fan on the front of the unit. The air is then ducted thru the frame and directed over the belts.

I imagine an automotive smog/air pump would work as well. (Like the 405 catalytic has on the pulley next to the pump).

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I've been using these( mine are actually the 3" model)http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NASC...384QQitemZ310316389252QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts on my Victory for the past year and they work great. I mounted them near the front of the unit and run brake cooling hose back directing the cool air directly on the pulleys. I haven't replace a belt since.

The problem with the compact rad fan is you can't direct the air exactly where you need it.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Shane T said:
I've been using these( mine are actually the 3" model)http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NASC...384QQitemZ310316389252QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts on my Victory for the past year and they work great. I mounted them near the front of the unit and run brake cooling hose back directing the cool air directly on the pulleys. I haven't replace a belt since.

The problem with the compact rad fan is you can't direct the air exactly where you need it.

Ya, Shane.....I ordered the 4 inch fan. I will use ducting to direct the flow. Compact and portable. Are yours on a separate switch, or come on with the TM?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
rwcarpet said:
Ya, Shane.....I ordered the 4 inch fan. I will use ducting to direct the flow. Compact and portable. Are yours on a separate switch, or come on with the TM?

I have 2 unused switches on the TM panel so I used one switch for both fans. The switches are already fused, so I just had to run a power wire from the switch to the fan.

lance

More manufacturers should concentrate on how hot the TM makes the inside of the van....and less about how hot the water gets while you're cleaning.

Ceramic coat the headers, the diverter, the outside of the HX's and the muffler. It would last for the life of that piece of the machine and probably cost about one or two jobs a year.

Bob Foster

enginecoolingfan.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom