TM gurus needed

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
My Powerclean has a 3000 psi pump, however when I go over 2000 psi the VERY small water box will run out of water faster than it can fill. I have checked everything and there is no restrictions but because the water is going through the Dema valve and other things it cuts the incoming pressure down too much. I understand the Cat pump sucks the water from the bottom of the water box so can I put quick connects on it and just hook the inlet side of the pump straight to the fresh water hose when doing high pressure cleaning? Will that do anything to the pump to have pressure on the incoming side?

thanks Adam

Name
Lee Stockwell
The pump will only work better with a pressurized inlet. Starving the pump for water is actually hard on it and will shorten its life.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I'm not sure if there is a limitation on the inlet pressure of a Cat Pump (Might need a pressure regulator inline before the cat pump) but you could always change the Dema to a larger one for more GPM's so the box will fill faster.

C

clean image

Adam, does your machine have impeller pump out? If so solenoid may be stuck open to wet out impeller

Most pumps can handle 120 psi in

Or, u can look in to what I just bought, that I read on here, no electronics fill system by hydominder

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
sheeez Steve I did all that. :lol: The incoming water is slower than the outgoing.

Bob Foster

If you have a water tank and are using a DC pump such as a flojet or shurflow check the amps off the motor to see if it is above FLA. Check for flakey connections to it too. Obviously check filters and impeller.

If the motor is high amping and the impeller turns free then turf it.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Adam- If you don't need soap injected into the water box, I would put a coupler on the pump. The orifice for the soap is pretty small which I believe limits how fast the water box fills. Then again, by putting a coupler on the pump would bypass the water box.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom