TM marketing

A

Axeman

Hi

I have just moved up to a TM from a Mytee Speedster and I'm now beginning to think differently about my marketing. Before I would never bring the machinery into the conversation, now I want to utilise it in my hands on marketing, not just 20X more power type thing on the leaflet.

I guess I'm looking to know what specifically I can now do marketing wise that I couldn't do before easily. ie demos :?:

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Look up a thread by lisa about marketing to women. That would be a good start. WE like to talk about our maCHINES and all they generally want is clean carpet, someone they can trust and yes someone that is personable, among other things. Don't get caught up in the I got a truckmount thing. :mrgreen:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
also, location plays a part. I know alot of people in my area got lousey carpet cleaning from porty hacks. I am not saying everyone who uses a porty is a hack, just these guys were. I am asked alot about what I use.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Ask your wife which blade she likes for your circular saw,or if she'd rather have a #1 or #2 phillips next time she asks for a screwdriver. That's about how much most women care about your equipment and most of your customers are women.

Women want a professional they trust. Someone they can trust to be honest and fair, someone they can trust to deliver what they promise, someone they can trust in their home and around the things they care about most. It really is that simple.

It's an emotional decision, they buy things they want. I'm sure it felt good when you bought your truck mount. It feels good to buy clean carpet. It feels good to buy clean carpets from a trusted friend.

Appeal to the things that make buying clean carpets a good experience.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I agree so far with all posts..for the most part.

I was watching a show on Discovery last night about what people are atracted to in the opposite sex.
Woman are more atracted to
Status
Smell (which relates to fertility some how)
symetry fo face and body
Cleanliness

Lets deal with status
Like the battle of animals. Ther females don't care to see the battle...They just want the winner.
If you can establish yourself as the "Top Dog" of carpet cleaning women will go to you. They don't care how you got there IE Truck Mount, Better clean or prices. They just want the guy who is at the top of the market...or at least appears to be.

Your Ads and everything else needs to be CLEAN...This goes along with that image thing I hae always talked about. Picture of a friendly guy IN UNIFORM.
With Clean comes smell

Has anyone ever sent a scratch and sniff with their direct mail campaign??

Symetry. All of your ad compaigns, image, follow ups need to be consistant with eachother.

Questions?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
yea, Brian right on. It's easy to forget who we market to. A guy in an IICRC calls told me he got two time as many calls whe he put a little cartoon dog in his YP ads. He had women tell him I called you cuz of the cute dog in your ad. Hey Mike, what are kind of advertising have got on the van?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Thanks,
I am learning along with everyone else or I would be the millionaire now that I plan to be soon.
:wink:

A

Axeman

I agree with a lot of what has been said. Most of our Clients are interested in what the end result is not all the features of our machinery.

I gues I was thinking more about how easy to drive up, pull your wand out and start demoing.

Re attraction, the ladies love me! Not because I'm a hunk, quite the opposite, but they do feel SAFE! I guess if you are in a club it would be different, but when you want your carpets cleaned alon in your house you are looking for someone who 'looks' trustworthy not shaggable, that's a bonus, and definately not creepy.

For more on this read The Selfish Gene. :wink:

re Van. I just bought a new van and not jumping into getting it written yet. I have moved up from bog standard domestic to mid-high end and also want to do more commercial, so I need to think how I can get that across without losing focus.

Mike

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom