TM Opinion...Enough Heat

brilea

Koller 27HP Air Cooled Engine. Using just Exhaust heat deverter. Will this produce enough heat to clean res carpets.

My partner is planning on buying a TM. Planning on going new and not finding much out there in his price range.

Found one with the above stuff, with a CAT 5 CP Pump/47 Blower/Silencer/ Stainless Steel Frame/ 100 Gallon Waste Tank.

$9K for a new machine.

Is this worth it.

If he needs more heat what are your thoughts on Propaine?

brilea

Your profile says you have been around for 41 years. So I will assume you have seen a few TM's in your days. Have you ever used or seen a TM with a 27 Air Cooled Koller Type Motor, using only exhaust heat. A CAT 5 CP Pump ( Flow from this pump is roughly 4.5GPM). Using a 47 Blower.

Do the following. Have enough suction to dry a carpet in a reasonable amount of time given reasonable RH and Temp. Also to produce enough heat to not sit around and clean 1 house a day.

The wand he will probably use will be some thing similar to my 2inch Prochem Titanium with 6 Jets.

Average length of Vac hose using 2.5inch first 25feet then step down to 2inch to the wand. 100 to 185ft.

Presure line will be 185ft.

Thoughts??????????????

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I swear by my Apex but that is more than $9gs but worth it

Greenie

a 27hp kohler can make enough heat easily, just a question of are you gonna run 06 flow, 09 flow etc...? And the quality and construction of heat exchanger will vary a lot, so leave room for that.

you do not need a 47 blower for single wand.

a 36 or a 45 plumbed smartly will serve well, and in fact if I were building that unit I would match the 45 to the 27hp, I had a 47 with a 25hp and it was terribly under powered.

The vacuum hose, wand and lift of the machine will have as much to do with drying as the cfms of the blower, so balance all factors.

Did you say a stainless frame?
Is the waste tank stainless?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
if you have 9g's why not buy a used machine that is of known performance level, is engineered with the right stuff and not someone's experiment. ebay has some hella deals out there many times you can get the machine van, accessory as a package for fractions of new cost if purchased seperatly . i have some buddies that bought a legend with water tank, hoses reels, softner etc TURNKEY, machine has 2k hours and is in great shape in a decent '89 chev van, for 5k. the machine and all the extras where worth that and then some,

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have an avenger 450 with post heat 2ht for $4200 including 80 gallon waste and 150 ft of hoses 350 hrs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom