TM Value

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
How can I determine my TM value used if I wanted to sell it?

Pro hem Legend GT, <1900 hours, well maintained, no leaks.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Look at others on classified ads around the country. Coming with the van or just by itself? Be honest with yourself, what kind of condition is it in?

Reactions: LCCFL

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

It seems that truckmounts have a 15yr lifespan, so break down what you paid from 15 years.

Avg price $16k\15 years = $1066 depreciation per year.

Name
Lee Stockwell
A truckmount is certainly NOT an investment. Use the rule of 78s, understanding that the greatest loss is in the FIRST year and so on.

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
Look at others on classified ads around the country. Coming with the van or just by itself? Be honest with yourself, what kind of condition is it in?
By itself, it's in great condition. I keep her clean and well maintained. It is a 2017 model. She turns right on with no issues.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Here are a couple. The second one was 11k but it didn't say how many hours on the unit.

Screenshot_20210126-222444_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210126-222903_Chrome.jpg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I would ask somewhere between $10k-12k for it. Start high and just reduce as time goes by if you're really wanting to sell it.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Hurry, I plan to set the buoys next to my driveway to make it easier when navigating home.
Remember Coastie, Red, Right, Return!!

We have neighbors who had a red and green light on their lakeside yard just for decoration and we convinced them switch them so we would be able to navigate home safely!! 😂

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Remember Coastie, Red, Right, Return!!

We have neighbors who had a red and green light on their lakeside yard just for decoration and we convinced them switch them so we would be able to navigate home safely!! 😂
That is correct! Red right returning. Internationally it is switched; green to starboard on the return.

These are river buoys that have been decommissioned by removing the keel fin and ballast. They may not be placed in the water. But since a nearby property has their own functioning 20’ lighthouse, I figure why not buoys?

Brian H

Name
Brian H
That is correct! Red right returning. Internationally it is switched; green to starboard on the return.

These are river buoys that have been decommissioned by removing the keel fin and ballast. They may not be placed in the water. But since a nearby property has their own functioning 20’ lighthouse, I figure why not buoys?
That sounds pretty cool!! I would love to do that either at my driveway or near the lake. Is there way for a non-coastie to get them?

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
That sounds pretty cool!! I would love to do that either at my driveway or near the lake. Is there way for a non-coastie to get them?
Go find a local buoy tender and ask if they have scrapped any. They are often run over and damaged, or retired from service because the floatation foam is waterlogged.

Ask for a tour of the vessel and facility.
Ask for the deck supervisor (usually a “BM1”) and strike up a conversation. Then just ask if they ever scrap channel or river buoys and could you get one? They likely have a scrap dealer, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. Maybe offer a trade for cleaning service, or a large can of decent coffee.
Good luck!

1611776657517.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom