TM Wear and Tear............

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
For you experts, and you know who you are, what exerts more wear and tear on a TM? Hours of water extraction or the same time as just cleaning? I say extraction will cause more wear and tear on your TM, especially slide ins (not van powered). What say you???

Bob Foster

When your flood pumping often your heat is off and your pressure pump is off so I would say flood pumping causes less wear. Overall probably not of difference between the two types of jobs.

Flood jobs would be harder on things like hoses as you are often dealing in less than ideal hose organization to deal with the flood.

kendallsdad

Supportive Member
If you are using your truckmount the proper way there should be no "wear" difference between the two. And by proper I mean not submerging the end of your vacuum hose in 2 feet of water when you're utilizing a vacuum/blower system.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
kendallsdad said:
If you are using your truckmount the proper way there should be no "wear" difference between the two. And by proper I mean not submerging the end of your vacuum hose in 2 feet of water when you're utilizing a vacuum/blower system.

I'm not submerging the hose in water, but when you have a complete wet carpet, you are pushing a wall of water in front of your wand on CGD carpet, so the wand is seriously locked down to the carpet. I do only push a few feet, then let the wand breathe, then go at it again. With the water claw, it locks down on tight carpets until the water is extracted. I also am pulling about 500 cfm with the genesis 59. I also use a glide, so that helps it breathe a little easier. I say that with WD extraction, you are pulling a solid wall of water, compared to HW extraction, which is less solution. That is more stress on the machine, the belts, the relief valve.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom