To all you freshwater rinse guys

A

amazingcleansc

What the hell? I tried straight H2O rinse with this Vortex 777 that doesn't have a chemical pump. Do you guys just agitate the hell out of your prespray or something? It seems like once all the prespray is gone the cleaning action is goes to nil. Do you guys walk around with a spray bottle and zap "tag along" spots?

I used the inferior heat lower flow old crappy '86 butler today WITH an emulsifying acid side rinse and there is a MARKED difference in how well it removes leftover spots. If you guys have been using H2O since the day you started, you may want to try something with emulsifiers on the back like End Zone. Unless I'm way off.

What do you guys do that I'm missing? This fresh rinse bullshit will drive me absolutely crazy if I do it every day.

Oh and the city water here is 6 grains.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
you need heat and pressure to do freshy rinse and like i told you the other day i will use a rinse if i think it is needed on a job per job basis.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I've been doing it for decades. You emulsfier rinse guys are the ones with the issues. When you shower do you run soap through your water. How does your hair feel? Just put down enough prespray so it is still wet when you rinse. A 260 degree Vortex fresh water rinse should be adequate.

Yup...I agitate my pre-spray...sometimes with my Drimatic, sometimes with my OP machine...depending on conditions. Then extract with fresh water. No "spot" problems.

Use a good prespray, and agitate properly... and you could extract with a portable and get excellent results... :roll:

Get a 175 and use it... :wink:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i agree with thomas about the 175 it is essential to cleaning a dirty carpet imo. i know other processes/machines can be used but for me, the 175 does it the easiest as operation comes naturally after using it for so many years.

also propper dwell time are crucial, as you need to let the juice work for you.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Art Kelley said:
I've been doing it for decades. You emulsfier rinse guys are the ones with the issues. When you shower do you run soap through your water. How does your hair feel? Just put down enough prespray so it is still wet when you rinse. A 260 degree Vortex fresh water rinse should be adequate.

Art nailed it.........haven't bought rinse in I don't know when........

A

amazingcleansc

Art Kelley said:

I think you are misunderstanding me, Art. I use End Zone, Ph of 6.5, not soap. But I will play your silly little game.

Shampoo is designed to rinse freely from your hair with water.

Rub prespray on your hands and try to rinse it off with water, you can even use your wand if you like.

After trying for a while you'll realize you cant get that slimy feeling off of your hands if you re-wet them (that's detergent residue), then spritz a little bit of something acidic on them. Voila! The slimy feeling is gone! That's because the detergent molecules are neutralized into WATER (wow) and a salt.

If you are using a quality chemical on the back (End Zone), the emulsifiers allow these molecules to rinse freely, much like your shampoo. It is a cleaner for your detergent.

With all due respect, you guys must either clean a lot of already clean carpet or either love to scrub the shit out of floors.

Peace

P.S. Michael and Jim, I love you guys. Don't stop answering the phone when my Vortex needs you.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
dealtimeman said:
you need heat and pressure to do freshy rinse and like i told you the other day i will use a rinse if i think it is needed on a job per job basis.

yup what he says...

and use a GOOD prespray

but i may try your analogy

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Remember it also depends heavily on how soft your water is. Some peoples water is natrually pretty soft or in some peoples case they have a water softener on board or some people use RO Water. If you have a heavier water with lot of minerals or chems used to clean it up, then adding a rinse agent either alkaline or acid will help condition the water so it will do more work for you. When you look at how much chem you are actually adding to the rinse water, its really not that strong. Take End Zone, I think the dilution is 32 oz to a five gallon stock solution. I betch ya you could cut that dilution in half and still be very effective in rinsing.

Now the challenge with your vortex is either find a safe rinse agent that can be added directly to your freshwater tank that gives you the results you desire or add a chem metering system like Mikey added.

The Preacher

it looks like some guys have spent more time dumping waste tanks than you have time on the job.

something is amiss if you can't get a presprayed floor clean with a V. what flow are yore wands using???

A

amazingcleansc

Danny Strickland said:
it looks like some guys have spent more time dumping waste tanks than you have time on the job.

something is amiss if you can't get a presprayed floor clean with a V. what flow are yore wands using???

2 jet turd wand. PMF ti wand comes today hopefully. The V is a work in progress also, My heat is around 190. still I could hold the turd wand over some dirt spots using H20 and get VERY minimal results. I dont think 50 degrees is going to change that.

The water around here is not hard at all, (around 5 grains i think?)

Name
Nate W.
What prespray you been using? What have you tried? Seems like user error to me. When you need an emulsifier for everything, you're really doing something wrong. Imho. :|

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
If you are using a quality chemical on the back (End Zone), the emulsifiers allow these molecules to rinse freely, much like your shampoo. It is a cleaner for your detergent.

If you use a chemical rinse, you leave behind residue.

I use soap free depending on the situation. Sometimes 1 cup in a 7 gallon mix jug metered at 2 or less. Sometimes stronger. I also use a water softener.

Rub prespray on your hands and try to rinse it off with water, you can even use your wand if you like.
Have you never seen Judsons O2 rinse demo/video

Why don't you try to scrub in the emulsifier and rinse it with soft water.

Name
George Valliant
Young Grasshopper...

The art of clearwater rinse is most difficult to master.

Only after walking barefoot cross bed of burning coal will you have the skills to master clearwater rinse.

Until then, wax on wax off young grasshopper...

A

amazingcleansc

SRI Cleaning said:
I think the man thing is dwell time. So when you rinse, the soil is lossened. Sometimes I fresh rinse, somtimes I run liquid slurry.

Let me ask you this, would you fresh rinse a vacant rathole apartment?

Name
George Valliant
ahhhhh....,,,,,

The force is strong with this one. yes...

The answers you seek revealed by question you ask..

Help you I will. "Yes".

Very good young grasshoper...

1135878223JediMasterYoda.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Aye Daniel Son! (bows very slowly!) And... 190 at the truckmount is no better than your butler.. and a 2 jet wand.. OMG like no way! :mrgreen: most these guys who are FWR.. are using higher flow

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
amazingcleansc said:
SRI Cleaning said:
I think the man thing is dwell time. So when you rinse, the soil is lossened. Sometimes I fresh rinse, somtimes I run liquid slurry.

Let me ask you this, would you fresh rinse a vacant rathole apartment?

I have with good results (hose it down with prespray), but no I wouldnt by choice.

A

amazingcleansc

update... i was looked in my fresh tank today. it had more build up in it than I ever thought possible. When i agitated the sediment, it clouded up the water. I took a few hours and cleaned/descaled the shit out of it.

Something tells me this MAY POSSIBLY be the problem.

I have no idea how the poor tech at venturi lasted as long as he did without complaining that he couldnt clean shit with that water.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Ron Werner said:
fresh or added rinse, either will clean if you've prepped properly.

AS for whether or not to use a rinse agent, do you not use a conditioner after washing your hair?

Only homos use conditioner on their hair.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom