To cold to clean

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Why doncha throw a sandbag behind your wheel(s) to keep from sliding down hill, asks the guy from SoCal?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Johnny said:
Why doncha throw a sandbag behind your wheel(s) to keep from sliding down hill, asks the guy from SoCal?

Because a frozen sandbag on ice would just slide too. If there were a curb, turning the wheels can help. Although there is no curb in a driveway. It's really just a freak thing to watch out for. Very steep driveways and glare ice.

West

Name
Clint
was a high of 8 degree's here in Vermont yesterday. We cleaned a 4 story commercial building of about 20,000 sq.ft., about a 150ft. run outside till in the building. As long as the solution line is ran last, very rarely do we run into freezing problems.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Royal Man said:
Johnny said:

Because a frozen sandbag on ice would just slide too. If there were a curb, turning the wheels can help. Although there is no curb in a driveway. It's really just a freak thing to watch out for. Very steep driveways and glare ice.

Dave is right, SoCal man! I think part of the problem is from your tires being heated up while driving, and when you park on that icey hill, the relatively "warm" tires start to melt the ice underneath, lubing up that ice, and starting the slide.

Take your truck up to one of the ski mountains to your East, and try it out. It's a real thrill.

Just asking, but would sandy, hilly drives in SoCal create any sliding problems? I've seen some mighty steep hills traveling toward Palm Springs, and with all the sand that blows around??? Would that be a problem??

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I think I have a new business in the development. Cold weather cleaning with a truckmount! Just give me a call. Will be more than willing to be hired to help train any cleaners. I have cleaned on one of the coldest days in Minnesota history. Just give me a call. Would be fun to be somewhere warmer. :-)

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

I can see them standing in line like Chinese for the iphone 4s to learn your wisdom. Or better yet do what my first boss said back in 1975 when I was a subcontractor -"we close our doors in January and open in March."

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Art Kelley said:

I can see them standing in line like Chinese for the iphone 4s to learn your wisdom. Or better yet do what my first boss said back in 1975 when I was a subcontractor -"we close our doors in January and open in March."[/quote:2m0i6qka]

LOL!
Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom