To many calls for wick backs

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have only had one call in 5 years for a wick back.... The last two weeks I have had 5!!! We are not doing anything any different except............

I have always used last step as a rinse........ It says anti-wicking on the bottle.
Between last step and dry slurry I have had no problems..

I switched to Judson O2 rinse.. I am just using their rinse.... So........... I have determined this is my problem.... Why would this happen? So as of today I have stopped using it... I am not crazy..... This has to be the only explanation....... So now I have to spend money and time going back to homes to fix this problem...... I am pretty pissed off right now.

Burtz

never had a problem with it ever!

must be something your doing wrong

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thats what I thought............ But........... I am doing the same thing I always do... It has happened with me and my tech.. So both of us have had the calls...... just not one of us.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It seems to me that it's the "anti-wickback" quality that is missing from the O2.

You may have depended on that before.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
joeynbgky said:
depended on the wickback? lol So what ya trying to say brian? :)

Depended on the anti-wicking properties of your other rinse. O2 may not have those properties in it.

Not trying to say anything I swear. lol

I would tell you that you suck if I thought you sucked. :lol:

Burtz

brian have you used the o2 rinse

must be some thing wrong or 1000s of others would have this same problem

I think your not getting the carpet clean leaving too much soil to wick back
maybe you should do a better job of cleaning maybe your putting down too much spotting chemicals and not rinsing them out of the carpet. Then relying on the anti wick stuff to make up for your poor cleaning abilities

I also guess before you go ballistic on the bb a phone call was to hard to make

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Maybe Alex.......... But I get calls from customers all the time that go like this.......... Stanley, servicemaster or others were just at my house last week and did a bad job can you come re-do them!! The city I am in........ the cleaners suck.. not to toot my own horn but.......... I am the best in this area hands down!!!! I can clean................... Hmm............. Maybe I need a new glide.... :)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I used the O2 system back in Sacramento years ago. I worked fine for me....but I am bad ass carpet cleaner though. :mrgreen:

It was just easier to get local chems at the time.

I used a Procyon knockoff for a while until I jumped off the truck.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
joeynbgky said:
I have only had one call in 5 years for a wick back.... The last two weeks I have had 5!!! We are not doing anything any different except............

I have always used last step as a rinse........ It says anti-wicking on the bottle.
Between last step and dry slurry I have had no problems..

I switched to Judson O2 rinse.. I am just using their rinse.... So........... I have determined this is my problem.... Why would this happen? So as of today I have stopped using it... I am not crazy..... This has to be the only explanation....... So now I have to spend money and time going back to homes to fix this problem...... I am pretty pissed off right now.

rule #1.........if it ain't broke......don't f#@k with it............it is nice to try new things and different combinations now and then...but....never.....ever.....do it in a clients home.....anything new has to pass thru my own house before I put it in someone else's.......

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
your right Jim............. I know this......... But the 02 seemed to make everything brighter......... untill days later....

Burtz

maybe your just not as good as you think you are or is some one else putting you up to make a post like this.

when I have a problem I will call some one direct before I go all blast off on the net

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Burtz said:
maybe your just not as good as you think you are or is some one else putting you up to make a post like this.

when I have a problem I will call some one direct before I go all blast off on the net

You've never called me! ......oh wait...there was that one time you made me call you. :lol:

Does that count?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ok.. lets not beat around the bush.. how about some real data... dilution ratios? What are you diluting and metering the last step? How about the O2 system? what where you using for the prespray before and now... what are/were your dilutions for those? Any pressure differences?

Preinspection? Are you getting conplacent in looking for potential wickbacks? Also as pointed out earlier. the last step has encapsulating polymers to make it crystalize and prevent problems. O2 does make for a nice residue free rinse agent and has surfactants that aid in drying but if you leave soil in the carpet or below the carpet you can have wickbacks.

Burtz

I find it amazing that the first thing he blames is the rinse

if your getting wick backs your not removing the soil to begin with

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
First of all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not downing the product. I have used it in many restaurants with no problem.. And will continue to use it in restaurants.. I am having a problem with the residential side.

I have not changed my cleaning procedures it has been consisyent and the same.. the only thing I changed was the rinse.... So thats what leads me to this conclusion.. Wouldnt it you?

I am running 1 quart and metering at 2 for both products...

any other questions?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Burtz said:

I am not blasting off or putting down the product. I am wanting to know why

Burtz

try making a phone call to the dude who makes the stuff FIRST

how would you like it if your customers went off on you on google first when having a problem with your so called cleaning abilities

Burtz

problems always seem to come in batches and you just need some one to blame other than yourself

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If it is just a few spots wicking up.

It likely has little to do with your chems and equipment and more due to the client repeatedly spot cleaning a spot untill it soaks all the way though the backing of the carpet or a liquid spot that soaks through the backing.

Since you can't flip the carpet over and clean the backing. These spots may wick up to the tips of the fibers upon drying. It's just part of carpet cleaning. Nothing to get excited about or something that should bruise your cleaner self esteem and keep you out of the cleaner's hall of fame.

It is no big deal!!

I usually just pad encap the spots. Takes about 5 minutes and makes the client into a cheerleader.

Don't blame Judson. It's not the problem.

It's your clients!!

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I haven't had a wick back since a berber about 6 1/2 years ago. Gotta go with Mike P's input about blower filter. Are you sure you got suction? cause it's sounds like yer not removing rather then a chemical issue. Good luck with that.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you mean in the last week when it started getting in the 90's and extremely humid where you are? Hmmmm

Bob Foster

Boy it sucks when you get a call like that from a customer.The first person I would have called if it happened to me would be Les. That's the least Les or any other distributor deserves in a situation like this.

We all can learn from screw ups-like this no matter what caused it. I've never heard of any pre-spray causing a wick back.

I have a theory. The O2 rinse is known for its outstanding ability to accelerate drying. All drying is caused by evaporation. Wicking is caused by capillary action from evaporation bringing soil and other residue to more visible topical areas of the carpet fiber.

Is it possible that your extraction methods or technique combined with the more aggressive drying of the carpet has caused more wicking to occur bringing out a possible need to rinse and dry stroke more? What PSI and jet size are you running?

I don't have wick back problems with Judson Juice with or without rinse and I have been using it almost exclusively for 5 years.
And what ever turns out to be the cause(s) please let Les and the rest of us what ended up being the problem.

hey joey, i feel your pain brother. 3 yrs without a callback then recently 2 in 1 week. both times i used the wand in cleaning didn't set up airmovers, been using my 360i no problems thus far. got me thinking how many times have i had wickbacks and customer not call me back after mentioning if stain returns please notify me so i can take care of the problem, and they don't. even with my repeats.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well... thanks guys ill be checking everything tommorrow. And ill. Be cleaning my personal carpet with the judson rinse. It could be the. Heat and humidity here. I'm not saying it was the judson juice fault I'm just saying when it started happening. I think I may be doing to fast of cleaning passes. Just can't figure it out

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom