To peroxide or not to peroxide.

steve_64

The enzymes need to be applied heavily so they sink into the pad like the urine did. You apply enough so there's plenty left behind to keep working under the carpet.
Then flush the Crap out of it then apply peroxide.

That's one method I use.

Sometimes I use OSR first instead of enzymes. Depends on severity type of dog. Is dog still present. Enzymes can be irritants to pets. Gets on the paws they lick their paws then get sick.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Go back to your basic chemistry on breaking down urine salts. An alkaline enzyme Can’t neutralize the urine to be flushed out. All it’s doing is killing the bacteria. It’s like polishing a turd.
Wasn't longer ago Matt, you were singing the praises of acid treatments. Going back to basic chemistry.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Go back to your basic chemistry on breaking down urine salts. An alkaline enzyme Can’t neutralize the urine to be flushed out. All it’s doing is killing the bacteria. It’s like polishing a turd.
I think people are confusing enzymes with the live enzyme producing products like MM, or Bio Modifier.

And in the past Chemspec ENZ was labeled for urine treatment The label has changed, but, not long after the change I spoke with someone at their place, and was told it is still the same.
I would mix OSR and ENZ sometimes when saturating and clawing.

randy

Name
Randy
Harvard Pet Stain Off has always been my go to for urine since 1992. Never has failed me on a job that was savable and it works pretty fast.

Reactions: Rick J

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Harvard Pet Stain Off has always been my go to for urine since 1992. Never has failed me on a job that was savable and it works pretty fast.

How funny, I was going to say the same thing. But did not want to derail

Because just yesterday I had the opportunity to revisit a previous job. Because of doing apts, I don't always have the luxury of evaluation.
This particular one I was able to experiment some. Tried the OSR route, topically. Several times. I think at the time I was seeing if I liked the New Unleashed product.
So after doing those a couple of times and still noticing the odor, I flushed and used Pet stain off. Which, when I checked back took care of it.
That was more than a year ago, and yesterday it was like new carpet.

Of course one could say that all the previous flushing contributed to it success.
But I think if time permits , the live culture stuff works best. Whether MM, Bio M etc.
Have seen some pretty bad places remediated.

And Marty don't bother!!!! I know YAWN!!!!:razz:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

1548819671774.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom