Today was a day

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
First job today. Pain in the butt. The bill came to $434. The lady was beside herself at the cost. She was super picky and the townhouse was a bit of a challenge to get into. The carpet was a light blue nylon and this lady wanted every little spot removed. The place is an air b&b and the last tenants sprayed some sort of liquid around that showed up everywhere with a UV light. It looked like the last carpet cleaner sprayed a prespray and didn’t extract. Who knows.

So about 30 minutes into the job, the lady returns and tells me “I think you should know, the last cleaner was 20% lower than you”. I told her the last cleaner probably didn’t prevac or crb scrub the carpet or use an acid rinse or do dry passes. She then continued on saying “Well, I just thought you should know you’re 20% higher”.

After telling me about 4 times how much higher I was and how she was on the property committee for the condo complex, I interrupted her and said, “ When you go into the Mercedes dealership do you tell them the Ford dealer is 20% cheaper?”

She literally looked at me and started stuttering. She then regained herself and said, “Well I just thought you should know.”

I continued working, cleaning the townhouse, stairs, and 14 cushion sectional with fringe pillows.

My second job was a breeze. The third job wasn't ready for me. See pics below. Glad today is over. Heading to the lake tomorrow with the wife and kids.
83998D71-0D37-4851-8FBA-26EBE311D6C9.jpeg108A8B1B-E105-44EC-A0D7-29DB670AB8EA.jpeg71E4D4BB-F4CA-4130-9F6F-0C997E879CA3.jpegE9AD2DD0-5A44-425E-8D24-C66267A23CB6.jpeg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
First job today. Pain in the butt. The bill came to $434. The lady was beside herself at the cost. She was super picky and the townhouse was a bit of a challenge to get into. The carpet was a light blue nylon and this lady wanted every little spot removed. The place is an air b&b and the last tenants sprayed some sort of liquid around that showed up everywhere with a UV light. It looked like the last carpet cleaner sprayed a prespray and didn’t extract. Who knows.

So about 30 minutes into the job, the lady returns and tells me “I think you should know, the last cleaner was 20% lower than you”. I told her the last cleaner probably didn’t prevac or crb scrub the carpet or use an acid rinse or do dry passes. She then continued on saying “Well, I just thought you should know you’re 20% higher”.

After telling me about 4 times how much higher I was and how she was on the property committee for the condo complex, I interrupted her and said, “ When you go into the Mercedes dealership do you tell them the Ford dealer is 20% cheaper?”

She literally looked at me and started stuttering. She then regained herself and said, “Well I just thought you should know.”

I continued working, cleaning the townhouse, stairs, and 14 cushion sectional with fringe pillows.

My second job was a breeze. The third job wasn't ready for me. See pics below. Glad today is over. Heading to the lake tomorrow with the wife and kids.
View attachment 101141View attachment 101142View attachment 101143View attachment 101144
I had to wear a mask today. Actually went through 3 in 1 1/2 hours. Old customer with new tenants. I really wanted to tell the tenants to scram but i needed the $300. Actually wasn't too bad.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I had to wear a mask today. Actually went through 3 in 1 1/2 hours. Old customer with new tenants. I really wanted to tell the tenants to scram but i needed the $300. Actually wasn't too bad.
My wife is a public school teacher. She was informed today she will be required to wear a clear plastic shield mask. She is required to stay 6 feet away and all desks are to be three feet apart. She can’t have more than 22 kids in her class. I can’t wait for this covid thing to be over.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I had my first wreck today, totaled my Sienna. But...nobody hurt and insurance people were top notch.

Took the rest of the day off.
Glad nobody was hurt. Hope you aren’t sore tomorrow and it wasn’t your fault. Are you now stuck driving the Vette?

Name
Lee Stockwell
It was my fault. Crossing a dual lane one way street. A big white SUV in the near lane and a smaller white car in the far lane trailing in its "shadow". I hit the second car.

Yes it shakes my confidence, but rightly so. I'll learn from it. Progressive has been top notch, we've had full coverage with them for 15 years on most of our vehicles.

The "next" accident may be more expensive. I've always told my kids that their first accident will not vaccinate them against the 2nd or 3rd.

My daughter gets to make the call to "take my keys" if the time comes. Justin would enjoy that too much.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
It was my fault. Crossing a dual lane one way street. A big white SUV in the near lane and a smaller white car in the far lane trailing in its "shadow". I hit the second car.

Yes it shakes my confidence, but rightly so. I'll learn from it. Progressive has been top notch, we've had full coverage with them for 15 years on most of our vehicles.

The "next" accident may be more expensive. I've always told my kids that their first accident will not vaccinate them against the 2nd or 3rd.

My daughter gets to make the call to "take my keys" if the time comes. Justin would enjoy that too much.
Well, she will!

Name
Lee Stockwell
Is it time to take his keys?

* sorry if its too soon Lee
I actually read all of that, but I'm confessing nothing, except for kissing a loading dock yellow post with my work truck driver door in Louisville last January.

Reactions: FredC

Mikey P

Administrator

View attachment 101141View attachment 101142View attachment 101143View attachment 101144

Tomorrow is Friday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom