Today was Amish Cleaning Day....

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
First job of the day was upholstery cleaning for an Amish family....horse, buggy, chickens cows, ducks, goats, etc. the home was nice and toasty with the wood burning stove going. First ever for me. Then get a call from another Amish family in the area for an emergency water extract...hot water tank busted..this family is not so orthodox. Then after this one I get another call from a nearby Amish family...same thing here, hot water tank busted, carpet soaked. This family is not so orthodox as well.
Amish Day cleaning....first ever for me. Coincidence? I don’t know. Strange.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
first ever..and three in one day

there's a good size AIM-ish community 30 miles north of me
..forth largest in the world according to the sign as you roll into town (Middlefield Ohio)

so it's common to see them here.
Lots of them in the building trades ..roofers, siders, framing crews and carpenters..

as far as "orthodox", I've talked to a few Yoaders and asked about their use of power tools (they're all "21rst century" on job sites)
and some of their furniture factories are as modern and state of the art as any

They told me it's A-OK to use power tools on jobs for hire and biz .
From what they told me, it's up to the community's Head Yoader(s) on what's shunned and what's OK for work, home and play
...and apparently can differ nationwide from one community to another.

what's interesting to me.... I see tons of kids with roller skates and push scooters in Yoaderville ...but have yet to see a bicycle.
Not sure how Hed Yoader here determined chain and peddles should be shunned :headscratch:

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom